PDA

View Full Version : Witches Abroad (GCZK4R)

gespurr
08-29-2009, 03:24 PM
About a year ago, I rescued a GeoCoin (TB16HTR) from this cache, after it had been archived. The cache was EXACTLY where the coordinates sent me and everything about the cache was intact.

I posted my find, and said that it wasn't lost. Another person had found the cache prior to me, but it had already been archived as MIA months before. One person had indicated that they couldn't find it and immediately, it was archived. Personally, I don't think the owner looked for it.. as it's in a logical spot.

Anyway, I just emailed ChuckWalla about perhaps adopting this abandoned cache. I checked on it today and it's still in the same spot.. untouched since I last nabbed it a year ago. Aside from asking him, is there anything else anyone would suggest I do when adopting an abandoned cache? Should I clean it out? Rename it? Start over again with a NEW FTF? Or.. should I leave it all as is.. Log book.. everything?

Just wondering what everyone's personal preference is and what works best :)

Thanks!
~Em

grzz51
08-29-2009, 04:13 PM
The first thing I would do is contact the owner and see what he/she has to say about the cache then go from there.

AR-HICK
08-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Unless you can get the owners permission to adopt it. It will remain archived.
Chuck W. will email you details.

I would say start it over. If the container is in good shape just replace the logbook and add some new swag and create your own cache for all the FTF hounds to look for.
My $.02 worth.

BSA534
08-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Its been archived far too long! Just copy and paste the old page and create a new cache page, keep the same name if you'd like. Just put a new log and some new goodies in and you have a new cache that I can go find AGAIN!

gespurr
08-29-2009, 08:35 PM
The first thing I would do is contact the owner and see what he/she has to say about the cache then go from there.

I did a year ago when I found it. No reply.

I did find out one thing about this cache! You get 38 new ticks with each visit!

pshelto
08-29-2009, 09:46 PM
DO IT!!! There is always space for more FTFs. I know some of you live for those.

flannelman
09-15-2009, 03:02 PM

I did a year ago when I found it. No reply.

I did find out one thing about this cache! You get 38 new ticks with each visit!

If you got no response a year ago then you are not likely to get one now either. I'd just reuse the container if it was good and start a new cache. Call it whatever you like and make it your own.

gespurr
09-25-2009, 08:19 PM
I've done what I'm going to do.... The rest.. will be revealed soon enough :).