PDA

View Full Version : Geocaching Class at the Garland County Library

justthieves
07-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Hello fellow cachers,

My name is Adam Webb (justthieves on gc.com) and I work at the Garland County Library in Hot Springs. I just wanted to pass along word that we're doing an intro to geocaching class for young adults and their families on July 25th at 10 a.m. I know 10 a.m. might be wishful thinking for teenagers on a saturday morning, but we're going to try anyway. In addition to the class, we're loaning out GPS receivers for a week to those who take the class. If you know anyone in the Hot Springs area that might be interested, tell them to call the library at 501-623-4161. Registration is required so let them know to register soon. We're starting to fill up.

Thanks,

justthieves

AR-HICK
07-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't think that I will be able to attend (work), but I attended a similar class before and really enjoyed it. Not that it taught me a whole lot, but I really enjoyed meeting the new people. I would encourage anyone if you can to go to this and you may learn something or you may get to do a little teaching.
Adam (justthieves) I hope you program goes well, it sounds like fun and interesting way of promoting the sport.

topkitty98
07-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Awesome! I met a lady on facebook in the Hot Springs area who is interested and I'll send her this info!

Thanks!!!

Beth
aka topkitty98

likestocanoe
07-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Do you need any help? The Garland County Library offers such great activities, and I often take the grandkids when they are with us. We both enjoyed our visit with the Very Hungry Caterpillar this week with our grandson.

likestocanoe gang

justthieves
07-16-2009, 08:33 PM
hey likestocanoe,

i think i got it covered as far as help, but come by if you're out and about. i'll have coffee and donuts! right now, i'm expecting about 15-20 folks. i think i can manage that many, but thanks for the offer to help. johnnyblack should be there as well. hoping for a good turnout.

i was hoping to be in the very hungry caterpillar costume, but i was too tall. got to be peter rabbit last year though

:D

likestocanoe
07-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Great - If you don't need the help, I guess I will just work Saturday.... {:o( Oh, well, it has to be done.

I felt sorry for the girl in the Very Hungry Caterpillar costume. She was really having a hard time getting around. Grandson had a great time and couldn't wait to tell his sister all about him getting to go and her not getting to go..... {:o)

likestocanoe gang