PDA

View Full Version : GPS rental?

mxp077
05-29-2009, 04:21 PM
I've never been geocaching before but have always wanted to. This weekend I have the chance to go but I don't have a GPS. I don't really want to buy one at this point, i'd rather wait to find out if this is something i'll be able to do often. I live in the NWA area and was wondering if anyone knew of a place that provides rentals for this sort of thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Megan

idratherbehiking
05-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Welcome to ArkGeo and the game. I don't know if there is any place you can rent a gps. Since you live in the North West part of the state you should check out This Site (http://www.nwacachers.com/portal.php). There may be someone in the area willing to go with you to show you the ropes or loan you a gps.

mxp077
05-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the link, i'll take a look :)

edieo
06-01-2009, 03:33 AM
Welcome to the Game :D

Valorian
07-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Thank you also for the link. I'll be visiting family soon in NWA maybe could meet some people while I'm up there.

TnT
07-13-2009, 07:49 PM
I didn't see this when it was first posted. I actually have a GPS that has found almost 2000 caches that I could rent out for about $0 a day. It just needs some smacking around now and again.

It doesn't appear that mxp077 ever signed up for a gc.com account, and for sure not an account at nwacachers.com

Sorry we somehow lost another one.