PDA

View Full Version : Geowoodstock VIII

arkfiremedic
05-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Geowoodstock VIII Event page is already up and going. Check out GC1QM7K.

I've been wanting to go to the only remaining "A.P.E. cache".

And "Groundspeak Headquarters".

And The "Original Stash Plaque".

Wow and I hate I missed the Geowoodstock VII.

I could kill 4 birds with one stone!! Better start trying to talk my wife into it now :lol:

MathSeeker
05-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Hope you get to go! I had a blast at GWS7 and am looking forward to GWS8. Like you said 4 great things in 1 trip.

arkfiremedic
05-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Mathseeker I can't wait to hear about your adventures in a couple of weeks at Lake Ouachita. How many caches did you get on the way there and back?

MathSeeker
05-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Not enough! You should have been with me and we could have racked up a bunch. :lol: Didn't get many coming home today due to the heavy rainstorms. Planning on going back to Memphis for a caching trip soon.

Spice
05-30-2009, 08:01 PM
As of right now it appears my family and I will be making another road trip next year and going to GeoWoodstock 8!

We plan on taking a two week vacation and driving there and back while caching along the way.

We plan on going through Kansas to grab "Mingo" GC30 the oldest active cache in the world. We hope to find the A.P.E. cache in Washington while there since it is only one of two left in the world. I also hope to go to the Original Stash location to find the commemorative cache there. We are going to try and take a drive further north into Canada and cache some there.

We hope to take in some of the other sites (and caches along the way), plus attend GeoWoodStock 8.

The countdown begins...

cfd29
05-31-2009, 09:04 PM
When they first announced where GW8 would be, I first thought that is just way to far, but since then, I have been studying various ways we could work it out, and maybe we might go, don't know for sure, I sure would like to get that tunnel of light cache to get that icon, hope us Arkansas cachers could get together and make to hike to it.. At least I have over a year to work things out and save up for it,,, At least it is something to work toward..

Arkfiremedic, I got some "pictures" at GW7 of some of the foxes, I will have to share with you....

pshelto
06-19-2009, 03:38 PM
I have a real good friend who is living in Washington and working for Boeing right now, so I am thinking of flying up there and chilling for a few days. I've never visited the Pacific NW, so it'll be like killing 10 birds with one stone (or perhaps one shotgun shot).

Ashallond
06-19-2009, 10:16 PM
A long time ago I lived in Seattle. Very lovely country.

If you are going up there to get the original stash tribute and the APE cache, might as well try to visit groundspeak HQ so you can do the 'holy trinity'