PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas State Parks Passport

Gaddiel
05-12-2009, 07:20 AM
AETN is doing a new promotion involving Arkansas state parks. If you are interested, you can get a free interactive guide here:

https://www.aetn.org/parks/passport

Wayne

arkfiremedic
05-12-2009, 05:22 PM
This sounds really neat. Do you know what the 12 parks are? I couldn't find that info anywhere.

edieo
05-13-2009, 03:41 AM
Just order mine ,thanks :D

Gaddiel
05-13-2009, 02:06 PM
This sounds really neat. Do you know what the 12 parks are? I couldn't find that info anywhere.

I couldn't find it either. I'll try to remember to post them when I receive my packet...

Wayne

ninjagirlar
07-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I ordered one of these awhile back and still have not gotten it in the mail. :?

gingerose
07-03-2009, 05:21 PM
I ordered one back at the beginning of May and never received anything.

About the same time, they sent information (which did not really tell you anything) and bookmarks to the science teachers to hand out to their students. I handed them out to my students and we talked about it. Several students came in the next day and said they ordered one as well. As far as I know none of them have received one either.

Ashallond
07-03-2009, 06:19 PM
I also ordered one and never got it either.

arkfiremedic
07-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Add me to the have not received yet list along with my wife and daughter who also ordered their own packets.

Gaddiel
07-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Didn't get mine, either... :( Did anybody get one?

Wayne

edieo
07-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Haven't gotten mine either :cry:

Nukeworker
07-03-2009, 07:48 PM
I ordered 4 a while back and have not received any of them although I did receive a confirmation email that they had my order and would be sending them out soon. RBG

idratherbehiking
07-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Me neither!!

gingerose
07-04-2009, 05:45 AM
I just went on the website and followed a few links and did find this.

http://www.aetn.org/__data/assets/pdf_file/0012/41250/AETN-ParksPassport.pdf

I wish I would have found it about a month ago was at (or very near) most of these parks this past month as I was completing the state park challenge.

I also found this phone number 1-800-662-2386 that you could use to order the passports. I thought I would call it next week to see what I could find out. Has anyone else happen to call about the passports?
[/url]

gingerose
07-06-2009, 01:41 PM
I just hung up with the people from AETN. It seems that it took long to print the passports than expected. The first batch of passports were just received from the printers last Thursday and were put in the mail today. SO.......if you were one of the first to order one then yours should be on the way.

edieo
07-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Yeepee got mine today!!!!!! :lol: :P

Nukeworker
07-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Received ours today. Looking forward to visiting the parks.

cfd29
07-07-2009, 07:48 PM
We got ours today also, looks like we will be back on the trail to some of these parks, luckily some of the State Parks we have not been to yet..

Ashallond
07-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I would have already been to two of them....pea ridge is close to the grandparents.....hmmm......I might could swing four of them easy enough.

arkfiremedic
07-07-2009, 08:23 PM
We received ours today as well. Too bad school just started back yesterday. Will now have to wait till mid August to venture out.

oenavigator
07-07-2009, 08:30 PM
We got ours in the mail today also. :D

gingerose
07-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Got 00shark's and mine today!!!!

We will have see how many we can get since, I just finished getting all the state parks.

MathSeeker
07-08-2009, 01:13 PM
There are six National Parks and six State Parks in the Passport. National Parks include: Arkansas Post, Buffalo River, Central High School, Fort Smith, Hot Springs, and Pea Ridge. State Parks include: Crater of Diamonds, Crowley's Ridge, Devil's Den, Historic Washington, Lake Chico, and Petit Jean.

idratherbehiking
07-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Got mine too! Making plans to hit a few in a couple of weeks.

ninjagirlar
07-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Got ours as well, makes ya wonder if they took orders first and then hit the printing press with it :?:

MathSeeker
07-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Edieo and I got our passports stamped at Petit Jean State Park this afternoon.

edieo
07-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Just got back from Texas and went by two state park but forgot to bring my passport darn it!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

pshelto
08-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Neat idea. I am always looking for more park freebies, so I ordered one today. Just got back from Petite Jean (13.25 mi hike) and wish we would have had it then. I'll be hitting most of these places soon...soon as I get this passport.

arkfiremedic
08-11-2009, 06:04 AM
Just curious about everyone's progress on the Passport. 2ter and I had to bring "mom" to Branson for the weekend and just happened to choose a route that happened upon 10 of the 12 needed stops :wink: We only lack Lake Chicot and Little Rock Central High for the last 2. In an ironic twist of fate we actually met Edieo at the Hot Springs National Park yesterday while she was getting her Passport stamped with her "grandkids" in tow and I believe she said that was her fifth stop. We've had fun so far. Our mileage for the four day weekend totaled 1319.6 miles with only a little of that a detour from Buffalo River to Branson and Branson back to Pea Ridge National Park. The most difficult thing we have noticed is the ability to catch enough parks in one day during open visitor center hours. Had our first day trip planned to hit Arkansas Post, Crowley's Ridge, and Buffalo River, but Buffalo River National Park closes at 04:30 p.m. 8O For future Passport stamp hunters the address is wrong for National Park it is actually at the Visitor's Center on Bathhouse Row and not the Administration Office at 101 Reserve Street. The lady at Fort Smith didn't have a clue about the program and kept telling us over and over they were a "National" Park and not a state park. Finally I spotted the stamp on the desk and talked her into letting 2ter and I see it and we just stamped our own books much to her amazement. As of yesterday at 03:00 p.m. Old Washington didn't have their "Official" stamp so I hope that doesn't affect our hunt since they just gave us a generic stamp anyone could get from the gift shop. All in all we have had a good time though. 2ter got 10 new hiking stick medallions for her hiking stick :D and mom got to spend a day and a half in Branson (scared about the credit card bill coming though after her shopping spree 8O ) and I had a blast although I now look like a lobster after the fun day 2ter and I had at White Water Park while mom went shopping. 2ter and I were also able to get some new icons as we grabbed the Webcam cache just down from Crowley's Ridge in Jonesboro and a Letter Box Hybrid just down from Pea Ridge in Bentonville. We also were able to grab 2 of the last 3 virtuals I hadn't found in Arkansas and 2ter now has 2 more icons (to catch me now) thanks to Gingerose's Earthcache in Hot Springs and we grabbed a benchmark for her as well. I'm really not sure anyone would ever need to leave our state as we have so much to offer.

edieo
08-11-2009, 10:04 AM
I have to agree with arkfiremedic my grand kids had a blast helping granny get the pass port signed.Arkansas is a great state with so much to offer ..We spent Sunday at Magic Springs then visited Lake Cathrine and Degray Lake before heading home.. :D This makes my fifth stamp.

edieo
I have to agree with arkfiremedic my grand kids had a blast helping granny get the pass port signed.Arkansas is a great state with so much to offer ..We spent Sunday at Magic Springs then visited Lake Cathrine and Degray Lake before heading home.. :D This makes my fifth stamp.

edieo

arkfiremedic
08-18-2009, 04:53 PM
2ter and I grabbed the last two today (Little Rock Central High + Lake Chicot) and we mailed our passports in!

edieo
08-19-2009, 04:29 AM
Way to go guys i've only gotten two more stamped.. :D

arkfiremedic
08-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Just wanted to thank Gaddiel for posting this information on this AETN Passport Program. We mailed our completed passports off on Tuesday and AETN has posted our story on their website and also posted a mention of it on their FB page. Today we received a packet congratulating us on being the first to complete the Passport and had several nice magnets inside. There was a nice handwritten postcard inside from AETN congratulating us on being the first family to complete it, provided us with information about T-Shirts they were printing that we had won after we provide our sizes, and a special invitation on Sunday, September 27 for a live premiere party for "The National Parks: America's Best Idea" that includes a premier reception, exhibit opening, and possibly interviews during the show!! The only downside is that we will be at Disney World during this time :cry: Thanks again Gaddiel, as if it wasn't for Arkansas Geocacher's Association and specifically this thread we would probably have never know about this. We had a blast completing it and encourage others to do the same.