PDA

View Full Version : I'm New

bigbill_58
05-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Even though I happen to live in Louisiana I hope it's ok to be a member here. I'm new to the sport and am trying to learn asmuch as I can

BSA534
05-10-2009, 12:31 PM
We're glad to have you here! What part of the state are you from? Have you got to do any caching in Arkansas yet?

arkfiremedic
05-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Greetings Big Bill. I live only 4 miles away from Louisiana on the state line between El Dorado and Farmerville. I've got lots of caches "on the line" so feel free to help yourself. Welcome to the forums.

likestocanoe
05-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Big Bill - welcome to geocaching. You will find that some of the best folks in the world geocache, and most are ready and willing to help a new cachers anyway they can. If we can be of any assistance, just give us a ring or e-mail.
likestocanoe gang
Jim, Sandy, and Tanner (The Cocker Spaniel)

jclaudii
05-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Welcome to our little home away from caching. Hope to see you around sometime.

bigbill_58
05-12-2009, 06:48 AM
I live in West Monroe and I haven't even started yet. My experience has been about a week or so reading thes forums and web sites
So I guess that I am a real "Newbie" at this game.
However, I do have my handheld GPS on order. I decided on the Garmin Legend H. It looks like most people prefer the Magellan products, but my navigational gps is a Garmin Street Pilot and I have been happy with it.
Maybe later this week I can try my hand at tracking these things. :lol:
Thanks for the welcomes.

edieo
05-13-2009, 03:36 AM
I'd like to welcome you to the game also ,I think you will find it to be a lot of enjoyment :lol: I know I do :D