PDA

View Full Version : Last One (and Hardest).... F.D. Series Cammo

arkfiremedic
03-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Today I acquired 2 more of those "special camouflage" 8) containers that several of you found and complimented on while at the "Coffee and Nuts" Event in El Dorado last month. I would like to share one with anyone that wanted to use one in his or her area (those of you who know what it is I am talking about that is). If you would like one just post a note. These are not exactly as you found, but the larger version and very old. I think I am going to keep one and give one away. They were free to me and free to you if you would like one. :lol:

AR-HICK
03-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Is this going to be first to post first to get? If so I want it.
Yes I do.
I don't know where I am going to put it right now, but if I get it I promise it will be placed.
Do I need to beg :oops: ?
I will.
PM on the way.

arkfiremedic
03-11-2009, 03:21 PM
It's yours. I figured the only "fair" way would be first come- first served. (As long as you promise to use it for our little "game" and give me a chance to come hunt it some day along with 2Ter!! 8) If I come across anymore I will give them away in the same fashion.

QuartzCachers
03-12-2009, 05:45 AM
It's yours.
Oh great, just what he needed. :D

likestocanoe
03-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I have really GOT to make time to get on here every day..... Too slow - Story of my life....

arkfiremedic
03-12-2009, 12:20 PM
L2C would you like one as well if I could "aquire" another one?

likestocanoe
03-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Dear gracious, yes........ I would love to have one of those......... We had a ball laughing at ourselves over that cache.

We were planning on coming your way this weekend, but our baby daughter is turning 31 tomorrow and we are having a party..... Enjoy every day with 2Tr - for she will grow up waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too quickly.

Have a great weekend and let me know if you acquire anything.... {:o)

Sandy
L2C2

arkfiremedic
03-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Dear gracious, yes........ I would love to have one of those......... We had a ball laughing at ourselves over that cache.

We were planning on coming your way this weekend, but our baby daughter is turning 31 tomorrow and we are having a party..... Enjoy every day with 2Tr - for she will grow up waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too quickly.

Have a great weekend and let me know if you acquire anything.... {:o)

Sandy
L2C2

I have lots of new hides down here since you both have hunted our area with many, many more in the process of being placed (they are ready to go, just waiting on it to dry up). Trying to break a 100 by the end of March. PLENTY for you both to do. Too bad you can't make it as I have about 15 out now that are waiting to be found for the first time. I guess the weather has slowed the locals WAY down. Good to hear from you.

arkfiremedic
01-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Likestocanoe are you too still wanting a hydrant? I am going to archive the smaller hydrant I have, not the letterbox hydrant. If you are coming to the event next month I will have it for you if you want it.

gingerose
01-27-2010, 09:33 PM
If they don't want it, I do. I have a plan in the works that it would fit quite well with.

arkfiremedic
01-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Sorry gingerose. I talked to Mrs. likestocanoe on FB and she said she still wanted it. I will keep you in mind if I come across anymore though.

gingerose
01-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Not a problem...that just means I can go for the smilie.

Plese do keep me in mind. Thanks.

likestocanoe
01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
arkfiremedic and 2Ter - We are soooooo excited to head your way and gather all those new caches. I (L2C2) am excited about our new cache coming up! ! !

We are looking forward to seeing you guys again. It has been TOO long. Bet 2Ter has grown a foot by now. We will try and be there early to visit.

Thank you for the cache container! See you soon.

TinmanJones
02-02-2010, 06:42 AM
Im excited to meet all you cachers from around the state! See yall in ElDo!

Arkfiremedic, youre just too nice, but we like you that way! LOL

captaincooder
02-07-2010, 11:34 PM
OK, you've piqued my curiosity. I need a trial run at this special camo container before attempting anything Hick puts out. Arkfiremedic, can you give me the GC numbers of your caches with this special cache container?

arkfiremedic
02-08-2010, 02:28 AM
Here is the answer captaincooder. I am unsure if AR-HICK as found a location suitable for his yet. GC1MMJ5's container I am giving to likestocanoe next weekend. GC1XTDD's container has moved to the location of the new cache "F.D. Series * 10-42 *" which is awaiting publishing.

Archived
F.D. Series - Last One
GC1MMJ5

Archived
Letterbox Hybrid F.D. Series - Letter's From Home
GC1XTDD

F.D. Series * 10-42 *
GC(Awaiting review by CW)

(This one, when published, will be one you asked me about that would be user friendly for children)

Others Children Friendly Caches:

rklmbl
GC1XWXQ

GC22295
Arboretum Cache

GC1XPYH
L.A.'s First Travel Bug Hotel (awaiting for updated published coordinates by CW as I moved it yesterday)

GC1MMHR
To Protect and Serve

GC1QYAV
Rainbow

GC1DR3N
South Arkansas Arboretum ParkCache

GC1DQZD
Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources ParkCache

GC18HAX
"One Slick Place"

GC1C96Q
Black Gold - Boom Town

GC1QPDH
GPS Adventures Arkansas Maze Exhibit

GC2397B
Peter Rabbit's Hideout

If they like quick P-N-G's any F.D. Series (I designed it with children in mind); the Smileys-R-Us Series of 2ter's, or the "date series" of 2'ter's are all easy and QUICK smileys. This should be the answer to your question of "must do" children's caches in our area that I can readily think of.

arkfiremedic

captaincooder
02-08-2010, 10:30 AM
#1) 10-42 has been submitted. Then it probably won't stay virgin long enough for me to FTF it Friday :(

#2) Thanks for the listings. I've done a few of these already :)

#3) A TB hotel in El Do? Great, I need to make a deposit!

#4) Too bad the letterbox is gone...I bought a razorback stamp!

#5) I would agree that most of the "Smileys 'R Us" series is easy, but I have logged a DNF on #14 twice now. How 'bout a hint (a really strong hint, like a gimme, or a picture of you pointing to it, or a two-foot-long orange flagging ribbon tied on to it) for the Doofus? :lol:

arkfiremedic
02-08-2010, 10:39 AM
#4) Too bad the letterbox is gone...I bought a razorback stamp!

#5) I would agree that most of the "Smileys 'R Us" series is easy, but I have logged a DNF on #14 twice now. How 'bout a hint (a really strong hint, like a gimme, or a picture of you pointing to it, or a two-foot-long orange flagging ribbon tied on to it) for the Doofus? :lol:

The F.D. Series *10-42 * is a letterbox so bring your stamp. I left you a hint on #14. hahaha Maybe, just maybe you can find it now!

captaincooder
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Clever, Mister Smart-Aleck :lol: #14 can't evade me now! How could I have missed it previously? Funny, I don't remember any pipe...

TinmanJones
02-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Clever, Mister Smart-Aleck :lol: #14 can't evade me now! How could I have missed it previously? Funny, I don't remember any pipe...

CCooder,
I've known AFM for 20 years, he's been known to "tell" one from time to time!
You gotta watch him!
:-)

arkfiremedic
02-11-2010, 02:45 PM
#1) 10-42 has been submitted. Then it probably won't stay virgin long enough for me to FTF it Friday :(

captaincooder your wish may come true if you are still coming down Friday. I have realized after "ZERO" local cachers found my last letterbox and now this letterbox has sat unfound for three days that they do not understand or care for letterboxes. The good thing about that for you is it is snowing, local cachers don't seem interested, and last but not least the FTF is here...come and get it!