PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Geocachers Association 2009 Annual Meeting

idratherbehiking
02-28-2009, 05:17 PM
The Arkansas Geocachers Association is holding our 2009 annual meeting June 6th at Lake Ouachita State Park (http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/lakeouachita/)

Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. with a full day of activities.

The park has given us permission to camp in the area adjacent to the visitors center near where we will have the event tent set up. No reservations are required, but please let us know if you are planning on camping with us.

If you would like a regular campsite reservations must be made in advance by calling the park at 501-767-9366.

All of the RV sites have already been booked. They tend to go quickly at this state park. As of now Brady Mountain (http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Brady_Mountain_Ar/r/campsiteSearch.do?site=all&type=9&minimal=no&search=site&criteria=new&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73095&search=site) has a few sites left.

We are also planning a hot dog roast and camp out Saturday night. If you missed the one last year you missed out on a lot of fun. We will be roasting hot dogs and marshmallows around the campfire and will probably do a little night caching too. Don't miss out on this wonderful time to have fun and get another chance to get to know fellow cachers.

We will also be holding a Cache In Trash Out event Sunday morning from 8am until noon to help repay the State Parks for all of their support of geocaching in Arkansas. We hope you will be able to attend.

If all goes as planned we will have all three events listed on GC.com as separate events so this would give attendees the chance to make 3 events in one weekend.

Check back here for updates as more plans are finalized.

We hope to make this one of the most memorable geocaching weekends ever so come on out and join us. It's going to be a blast.

mountainborn
03-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Good location at a great time of the year. We will be in Colorado hosting a campground. Maybe we will be able to make the next one.

SJClimber
03-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Man, as with MB, we'll be back in Colorado by the 6th. Wish it was a little earlier in the year.

GeoJeepers
03-02-2009, 09:09 PM
We have a campsite for Friday and Saturday night. We missed last year's event, and we weren't going to miss it again.

bluesybreeze
03-03-2009, 06:04 AM
I'll be camping on site with the group. This sounds like a great site. I had a blast last year.

flannelman
03-03-2009, 03:25 PM
I hope to make it to this one. I will graduate in May so hopefully I'll be back to a normal life by June. I'll at least get some more caches out in the area.

idratherbehiking
03-05-2009, 12:14 AM
All three events have been approved and should be posted by Saturday. So be sure to check out the event pages and log a "Will Attend" if you are planning on coming. We will have the meeting/event Saturday, the Hot Dog Roast and Camp Out Saturday night, and a CITO event Sunday morning. Everyone come out and join in the fun. It should be a blast.

ArkGeo 2009 Annual Meeting GC1N9D3 (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=69acf625-5702-475c-9405-ea697d435fd1&log=y)
ArkGeo Hot Dog Roast and Campout GC1N9EJ (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=15ea5ab6-45be-4084-a7ea-05e0d4890d47&log=y)
ArkGeo 2009 CITO - Lake Ouachita State Park GC1N9DZ (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=854ad426-f68d-4d73-ab3a-b11a9616e6b6&log=y)

edieo
03-05-2009, 05:37 AM
I've got my tent packed and will camp with the group,, :lol:

idratherbehiking
03-05-2009, 04:21 PM
I have set up a seperate page to post updates on the activities for the event weekend. Click Here (http://arkgeo2009.blogspot.com/) and bookmark this page to check for updates. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

id_rather_be_hiking@hotmail.com

idratherbehiking
05-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Less than three weeks away now. If you are planning on attending and have not yet posted a "Will Attend" please do so as soon as you can. This will help the Events Committee plan better on how many folks to expect. And if you are still undecided about attending let me tell you it is going to be a fun, fun, fun weekend. I hope to see everyone there. If you have any questions contact me by email, pm, or phone if you like.

idratherbehiking
05-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Just giving this one a bump as a reminder to everyone. We are now just 10 days away and I can't wait for that day to come. I look forward to seeing everyone there. It's gonna be a great weekend!!!

idratherbehiking
05-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Calling All Volunteers: We will be at the State Park on Friday morning beginning around 10 am and could use a few more volunteers to help set up the event tent. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated even if its just moral support. And once the tent is set up there are plenty of caches nearby to go find.

I also wanted to post a note to remind everyone to bring their folding chairs with them so they may be more comfortable.

And if you would like to bring a side dish or desert to go with lunch that would be great also. If you would like to bring something just send me an email or P.M. letting me know what you will be bringing and I will post it to the cache page so everyone does not bring the same items.

Thanks, ArkGeo Events Committee

Gaddiel
05-29-2009, 09:22 AM
We should be there to help set up the tent. See you at 10:00...

Wayne

BSA534
05-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Wayne,
I have the banner in my car if you want to come by and get it next week so you'll have it when ya'll set up.

Tim

flannelman
05-29-2009, 10:25 PM
I can probably help out Friday morning unless something unforseen comes up.

OldRiverRunner
05-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Sorry, but I will be unable to make the event this year due to having to work that day. I have tried to change my work schedule, but with no success. :(

Ya'll have a GREAT time!

ORR

Dentful1
05-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Quit work and ask for a work application at the same time. Maybe with some stroke of luck you could have your job back within the week. :lol:

likestocanoe
06-01-2009, 08:54 AM
L2C1 and I will be there with bells on... Also, there Friday morning to help with set up or whatever is needed. Can't wait!

likestocanoe gang

Savoy
06-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Darn, I wish this was just one week latter! I'll be back from S.America... and VERY close after the 11th. Bummer, sure would have loved to reconnect with AR geocachers :)
Have a great time folks, I hope to catch you next time, Savoy

AR-HICK
06-04-2009, 07:12 PM
This should be a new forum thread, but it goes here.

It looks like we are going to have a coming out party also. Our Reveiwer has posted a will attend 8O

Chuck Walla is this some kind of a Joke :?:

I don't have enough time to get my stuff together :P

BSA534
06-04-2009, 07:17 PM
I saw the CW had posted a "Will Attend" with a note saying "he" looks forward to meeting everyone. How exciting!

Gaddiel
06-04-2009, 07:51 PM
What an honor!

The real question is: Will s/he be attending as "Chuck Walla" or as his/her "regular" geocaching name? We may go the entire weekend still not knowing his/her true identity, even though h/she is right in front of us! :)

Wayne

arkfiremedic
06-04-2009, 08:06 PM
I noticed this when I reviewed the will attend list as well. I think I am just as excited about the possibility/probability/chance of him/her/it identifying himself/herself/itself to us in attendance. We can't wait. Should add a mysterious aura to the event!

Spice
06-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Maybe a new Geo-Bingo square is needed. "Has been a volunteer reviewer for Arkansas".

Ashallond
06-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Can't make it, but will try to make the next event closer to Fort Smith.

Dentful1
06-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Another crazy cacher with multiple personalities. Hope it turn out like Jim Carry's "Me Myself and Irene." :lol:

Spice
06-06-2009, 08:18 PM
I have not seen it posted yet, but anyone who missed the ArkGeo meeting today missed the revealing of who Chuck Walla really is....

Old River Runner

Thanks Frank for all you do for geoaching, both as ORR and Chuck Walla.

Gaddiel
06-06-2009, 09:58 PM
I have not seen it posted yet, but anyone who missed the ArkGeo meeting today missed the revealing of who Chuck Walla really is....

Old River Runner

Thanks Frank for all you do for geocaching, both as ORR and Chuck Walla.

I was shocked when I found out. He has really kept it hidden well all this time. Thanks Chuck Walla for all your work as a reviewer and thank you, ORR for all your work with ArkGeo. Double duty! (...and he does both jobs so well...)

Wayne

ChuckWalla
06-07-2009, 08:13 AM
THE REAL CHUCKWALLA REVEALED ...

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/b8220062-5827-41bf-8818-ff3c08d4b738.jpg

pshelto
06-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Even though we ended up spending more time at the event than we planned, it was worth it to find out who the real chuck.walla was. I can finally sleep at night, get something done at work and talk about more important things with hollowlog, like how to plant a cache in a lake and require scuba diving. I must say, however, that I do feel a mission in life has been completed and it's a rather bittersweet feeling. :(

flannelman
06-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Well after seeing that pic I do see the resemblence now! Thanks for all you do ORR and Chuck.

chimps8mybaby
06-08-2009, 06:39 AM
I just wanted to say that it was nice to meet everyone and I appreciate the hospitality shown my family and me. That was really a fun time!

Gaddiel
06-08-2009, 07:46 AM
I just wanted to say that it was nice to meet everyone and I appreciate the hospitality shown my family and me. That was really a fun time!

It was great meeting you!

Wayne

KingBishop3
06-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Great meeting, and perfect weather. Hats off, and many thanks to all of those who spent their valuable time organizing, planning, and making this possible, including everything from the caches to the food.

edieo
06-09-2009, 03:12 AM
I just wanted to say that I had a fantastic time ,thanks to each and everyone of you that made it possible.I can hardly wait till next year.. yee haw :D

idratherbehiking
07-13-2009, 09:05 PM
I am putting together a slideshow for use at future events and was wondering if anyone would like to submit some of their photos taken over the weekend. If you would like to share them you can email them to id_rather_be_hiking@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Richard