PDA

View Full Version : distance to place a cache?

jclaudii
02-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey all, We were wondering if the distance rule still applies if we want to place a cache that is a little out of the way but we traverse the area every couple of months. We want to add some caches between Mount Ida and Rover. There are only a couple of caches along this trek of road and we travel it at least every other month, if not more, to visit my folks down in Murfreesboro so we should be able to maintenance it along the way.

Also, I bet some of you all travel back and fourth enough on hwy 27 to pick up our caches from time to time and perhaps place some yourself. Most of the Area is Ouachita NFS so we'll have to get permits. The distance from our home coordinates to Mt. Ida is about 60-70 miles as the crow flies. Anyways, your input is welcome. Thanks.

jclaudii

cachemates
02-05-2009, 07:04 AM
We travel that road quite often and more caches would be nice. We would help you do maintainence on them if needed. One place that would be a good place for a cache is the little church across the creek at Onyx, another is the Old Store at Ouachita (I think). How about Murfreesboro?
We will be watching for the 27 caches.
Good Idea.

jclaudii
02-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks Cachemates, I was hoping for a few more people to help out. I figure if we can all time it to be pretty close together, it would make a pretty good run. Also, this stretch of barren road is perfect for those ammo cans that keep getting blown up :D Anyone else want to join in on placing some caches along hwy27? I could put a few more in Murfreesboro, especially around the lake.

flannelman
02-07-2009, 03:38 AM
I'd like to put some along 298 between 7 and 27. I could also help out on maintaining them and maybe even hide a few over that way myself. It is only about 15 miles from my house to Story.

ShadowCachers
02-08-2009, 06:23 AM
I have a cache posted almost 650 miles away. The reviewer in Ohio allowed me as long as someone can maintain it if needed. I guess its all on the reviewer. Its possible

likestocanoe
02-12-2009, 04:29 PM
This is kinda in the area for the likestocanoe gang. We would be willing to assist in maintenance if needed and maybe place some caches in that area, too. We will get up that way and take a look. Thanks for the nudge.

likestocanoe gang
Jim, Sandy and Tanner

jclaudii
02-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks for all the help and feedback. Hopefully we can get ours put out the next time were going down to my folks' house. I won't publish them until a few more are put out, we can PM each other on here so we have a set "go live" date. I figure this is perfect timing before spring gets here and we are all out traveling this road anyway.

Do I just swing by the fs office in Glenwood to get an application or does someone have one I can print off and bring it with me already filled out? Also, people are who a little more familiar with the area may know where some awesome sites/landmarks/vistas are that would make a great area for a cache. We don't mind traveling off the road a little ways to get a cache, just have never really had a reason going down there to venture on the dirt roads.