PDA

View Full Version : WWFM V - May 2nd, 2009

Spice
11-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I listened to show 192.0 of Podcacher today. They had a summary of all the World Wide Flash Mob IV events and announced that WWFM V will take place on Saturday, May 2nd, 2009.

I have not had a chance to attend a WWFM yet, but hope to next time.

I might even have to see about hosting one here in the Arkansas river valley.

bluesybreeze
11-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey, I'll help. I haven't made it to one yet and I'd love to. Let's get one organized.

QuartzCachers
11-18-2008, 07:04 AM
I still haven't made one either. I am looking forward to one I can attend. The River Valley would be great! :D :D :D

flannelman
11-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Maybe it's just me but I just don't get it. Ya'll have fun though.

ShadowCachers
11-25-2008, 06:30 PM
I hosted the WWFM IV in Jacksonville and I can help if you need it. I thought about hosting another one myself. Had a great time! Let me know if I can help.

bluesybreeze
11-25-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm going to take the "plunge" and host one...it's going to involve rubber duckies and a public water fountain. I was going to require everyone to wear a PFD (personal floation device), but I've been overruled on that one. It would be a little difficult to handle. Anyway, I'm trying for Clarksville. There's a really nice fountain at U of O, but I'll have to get permission. I'll keep you posted and I'll post the cache as soon as I can iron out the details.

kittzle
11-26-2008, 05:31 AM
I'm going to take the "plunge" and host one...it's going to involve rubber duckies and a public water fountain. I was going to require everyone to wear a PFD (personal floation device), but I've been overruled on that one. It would be a little difficult to handle. Anyway, I'm trying for Clarksville. There's a really nice fountain at U of O, but I'll have to get permission. I'll keep you posted and I'll post the cache as soon as I can iron out the details.

**loves rubber duckies**
I so wish I could be there for this one!!! Too bad I just ordered tickets to see a show in OKC that day :(

I have a "geo-duck" in my truck, picked him up in a cache in Ozark. He has a compass on his belly, makes sure I'm going the right way, lol.

bluesybreeze
12-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Well,

It's a scrub-out on the rubber duckies and the Flash Mob Event Hosting for me. I just found out that the Annual Social and Cito will be taking place that same weekend. There's no way I can miss that one. If anyone wants to use the idea, or wants some help planning this WWFM. I will help out, but on May 2 I will have to be at the Social and the next day at the Cito. It was such a blast last year. I don't think they have decided on a location yet. Last year it was at Lake Catherine State Park.

TnT
12-07-2008, 09:55 AM
This is bad planning on somebody's part, having three major events the same weekend. But, I guess that for those who can't make the annual event, a Flash Mob and / or CITO would be the next best thing.

OldRiverRunner
12-07-2008, 10:12 AM
I just found out that the Annual Social and Cito will be taking place that same weekend.
I assume that you are talking about the ArkGeo annual meeting. This is news to me about the date being moved to May 2. It should have been scheduled for the weekend of June 6. I am checking with the rest of the Board to find out what they know about this, as there has not been a proposal to us to move the date.

bluesybreeze
12-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Hey! Well, that is good news if it is June the 6th. It won't be the first time I get everything all screwed up.

Keep us posted so I can get my ducks in a row 8O ...sorry couldn't help it :D

Thanks

OldRiverRunner
12-07-2008, 10:40 AM
I should add that there was some discussion among the Board members back in August about possibly moving the general membership meeting, but there was never an alternate date proposed or any general agreement by the Board one way or the other - only that most Board members thought it should not be a problem. The Standing Rules for the Board (which are basic guidelines for how we conduct business for things not explicitly covered in the Bylaws) state that “Every attempt will be made to schedule the Annual Membership Meeting so that it closely follows the close of the election,” meaning the annual Board election which ends on May 30.

I have not heard anything more since August about having the meeting on a different date. I assume that the Events Committee is working on this and if they have a proposal for a different date, that it would be a topic for discussion in our next Board meeting on Januaruy 9th.

cfd29
12-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey I am in for the flash mob, if you can have one around here that weekend, that is just a couple of weeks before we go to TN for Geowoodstock!!!
Will be here before you know it, :D

OldRiverRunner
12-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I visited the NWA Cachers website today and saw that they are planning a CITO event on May 2. Perhaps that is the event you heard about, bluesybreeze?

oenavigator
12-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I visited the NWA Cachers website today and saw that they are planning a CITO event on May 2. Perhaps that is the event you heard about, bluesybreeze?

May 2nd and 3rd are the official CITO date set by Grounspeak. I don't think NWAC has any plans as of yet on coordinating a CITO event on those dates. It would be neat to see a bunch around the state though.

The Flash Mob event sounds awesome! :D We would definitely try to attend one. It just doesn't get any cooler than geocaching and rubber duckies. I'll have that song in my head all night now.

bluesybreeze
12-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Maybe that's where I got it from. I'm gonna scrap the WWFM V event that I was thinking about hosting. Their event sounds like a 2 dayer and something that I would be more interested in. I'll plan another small event when there isn't so much going on. Maybe an Eat n greet in Feb or March in the River Valley somewhere.

Do we have some sort of tentative schedule of events that we follow? Or a yearly calendar that events can be penciled in so others will know what is happening and where? Do some areas always have certain things at certain times? I'm asking because this is my first year at this and I'm a little lost and I don't think my GPSr is going to help me 8O

kittzle
12-10-2008, 05:06 AM
Do we have some sort of tentative schedule of events that we follow? Or a yearly calendar that events can be penciled in so others will know what is happening and where? Do some areas always have certain things at certain times? I'm asking because this is my first year at this and I'm a little lost and I don't think my GPSr is going to help me 8O

Here's two to start your calendar - the January Paris events and April Clarksville events :) Those seem to be the biggest re-occurring ones. I'm sure there are others that people can tell you about, but those two will get you started :)

Spice
12-10-2008, 03:18 PM
We always have the Paris event the 2nd Saturday in January. The Clarksville event has traditionally been the first Saturday after April 15th. That would make it Saturday, April 18th this year. I have not heard any news on a Clarksville event this year.

ShadowCachers
12-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Why couldn't you combine both events. Pick an area close to hold the flash Mob. I think you would get max attendance.