PDA

View Full Version : 2nd annual Conway County Meet and Greet

AR-HICK
10-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Fall is in the air and if you don’t know it is time for another Event.

Where? North Conway County (Center Ridge). Nemo Vista Old Gymnasium so the weather should not be a problem.

What to do? Meeting and Greeting all the local cachers and hopefully some far away cachers. Yes, we will be serving that fabulous cacher fuel Hot Dogs.

Why? Because we have heard all of our own stories amongst ourselves and we need some fresh ears to bend.

Places to see? Yes, we have the famous Woolverton Mountain for all you older cachers who might remember the song by Johnny Horton.
Maybe we can give the winner of a singing contest a Hot Dog to keep them quiet.

This is going to be a simple event (gathering of cachers) to share stories and just have a good time swapping stories and maybe find a few caches along the way.

I would like to invite everyone to attend on behalf of the rest of the Conway County Cachers. Come and join us for more fun than throwing cow chips.

Please post a "Will Attend" so we know how many hogs to skin for the hot dogs to feed the cachers.

Spice
10-07-2008, 12:08 PM
I have already posted a "Will Attend" and ddkds and I will be there. I look forward to seeing everyone and I am sure fun will be had by all. If I can be of any help let me know.

I was so glad to see we are going to be indoors in case the weather does go bad, but I am sure that AR-Hick has the "weather stone" handy.

In case you have never seen it, here it is....

http://www.geocities.com/paris1time/weatherstone.jpg

cfd29
10-08-2008, 03:11 PM
I think you need to let the TV stations borrow that weather stone, they could use it... :D

QuartzCachers
10-22-2008, 06:03 AM
What's that GC#? I need to post my will attend log! :D :D :D

AR-HICK
10-22-2008, 08:21 AM
What's that GC#?
Quartzcachers
Try BR549 :lol:

I would also like to warm everyone to please not run over anyone wearing Overalls. They might be Kinfolk. :oops:

cfd29
10-26-2008, 09:01 AM
I must say, this was a GREAT event, the weather was perfect and so was everything else. We really appreciate all the hard work that was put in to put this event on. The micro caches and the puzzle cache run was great and a lot of fun.. The food was great also.

B62GTAWK
10-26-2008, 03:55 PM
I want to thank all of you who came to the event and to those who made donations the most of thanks. We ate, We cached, We visited, We laughed, We had a ball. If you missed it you really missed it.

OldRiverRunner
10-26-2008, 07:51 PM
I saw that David-VS-Goliath logged that he attended. Funny, I don't recall meeting him! I also noted on at least one cache that I've logged a find on for Saturday that he had also logged online that he found the same cache on Saturday! So you Conway Cachers might want to check your cache logs! By the way, I really enjoyed the event! Thanks for your hard work!

Old River Runner

Nukeworker
10-27-2008, 09:32 AM
We want to again thank everyone who coordinated and worked so hard to make the Conway County Event such a great day. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. Great caches, wonderful food, delightful friends, excellent location, creative puzzles and challenges, and lots of fun. Thank you, Nukeworker and Racquetball Girl

rklmbl
10-27-2008, 10:06 AM
We can only echo what others have said about this event. Conway County cachers put lots of :D on lots of peoples faces Saturday. Thanks again for all the fun. Ya did :lol:

cachemates
10-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Can I just copy and paste what the others cachers had to say about this fun event? I don't think you could have done a better job and the weather was a perfect fall day. Thanks to all who helped with this event.
Oh yea, We did not run over any of Hicks Kinfolks, Those in overalls.
Thanks for a fun day. :D

legoguys
10-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks to everyone who came and had a great time on Saturday. We appreciate your kind words of gratitude. We enjoyed hosting the event for you, and we have enjoyed placing the caches for you to find. If you're in our neck of the woods again, take the time to find a few.

Bruce
LEGOGUYS

Spice
10-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Can I just copy and paste what the others cachers had to say about this fun event? I don't think you could have done a better job and the weather was a perfect fall day. Thanks to all who helped with this event.
Oh yea, We did not run over any of Hicks Kinfolks, Those in overalls.
Thanks for a fun day. :D :twisted:

cachemates
10-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Paris1Time You have done it now! :P

cfd29
10-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Too Funny :P

B62GTAWK
10-28-2008, 07:27 PM
The "soap box" is coming to Paris in January I feel it already. Not only that you have either placed yourself at the top or the bottom of the Rosenburg canidate list. :P

Spice
10-28-2008, 08:43 PM
This was the last thing I saw when I left the event on Saturday...

http://www.geocities.com/paris1time/hickstone.jpg

Spice
10-28-2008, 09:00 PM
I guess the AR-Hick weatherstone is becoming a very popular tourist attraction.

http://www.geocities.com/paris1time/searcykidstone.jpg

AR-HICK
10-28-2008, 10:47 PM
I am going to pose a Question to everyone who attended the 2nd Annual Conway County Event. I have been reading the logs, yes I know it has taken me a while. I read them slow cause that is how most of you type them :lol:

Could “David-vs-Goliath” be David “Paris1time” :?:

He has become quite creative with that camera of his, could that be why we have not seen a picture of “David-vs-Goliath” yet :?:

I have seen a couple of pictures of people in front of my weather stone, Why did he not catch a picture of “D-v-G” an artifact like that is worthy getting your picture in front of it.
It is like the pyramids, Eiffel Tower and the Leaning tower of Pisa.
My theory is that “D-v-G” is always behind the camera and that is why he will not show us a picture of him.

They both also have the same first name :?: Coincidence, I don’t thinks so.

David introduced himself many times, did he forget to say the rest :?: Maybe or maybe not :?:

Just something to think about, I will get back to my log reading.
:?

cfd29
10-29-2008, 06:44 PM
You may be on to somthing there Hick, did you notice that it was a new account opened on Oct 25?
A slight variation on the other DVG, the first one was David Vs Goliath, the one on Sat was David-vs-Goliath.
I think someone may be yanking the chain on your weather rock 8O

This may get fun before Jan 8)

Spice
10-29-2008, 09:20 PM
I even had to stop by and see the AR-Hick weatherstone....

http://www.geocities.com/paris1time/p1t.jpg

AR-HICK
10-29-2008, 10:35 PM
See everyone must get their picture in front of the weather stone. 8)

That smile on Paris1times's face looks like he is up to no good. 8O

I still think that he may be up to something :?:
He may have done a little photo shop work to make it look like he was there. :lol:

legoguys
10-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Few people realize that I did see David and Goliath in the very streets of Morrilton on Saturday. In fact they were reenacting the scene where David chops off Goliath's head after hitting him with the first of the five stones. What better place to reenact this scene than in front of the Rialto Theatre in Downtown Morrilton right in the middle of Broadway Street! Morrilton is definitely a city with no limits that is also moving up in the arts!

I was so privileged to be in attendance and take this picture of the actual event. I'm sorry AR-HICK if you missed this wonderful one time presentation by DVG; however, it does prove that they were indeed in Conway County on Saturday. I'm not sure if they were at the event, but definitely, they were in the county.

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/b129b680-9acc-41d3-92aa-d65e04b2de8e.jpg

cfd29
10-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Too many people with too much time with Photo Shop, gives me an idea, hmm, I can use a satellite photo and put my picture in there at the cache locations, wow, just think of the gas I could save, cover whole states in a single bound...

Someone tell me how to copy and paste that :P