PDA

View Full Version : PATH TAGS ?

mountainborn
09-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Have you found or logged a path tag ? Or better yet do you own a pathtag ? They are a cool coin that owners can design. Is a multi colored design on one side and the back is nickle plated with a serial number that you log on the website. It has a hole in it for a necklas or some such use.
I found one in a geocache in VanBuren Arkansas. It belonged to a retired Army airborn artic ranger.
This was my first contact with them. Any help figureing this out appreciated.
Here is a link to the path tags web site:
http://www.pathtags.com/

scoutfrog
09-18-2008, 05:32 PM
I've collected about a dozen of them. They are a lower cost version of a geo coin. The cost is about 1/2 that of a coin, so they are great for trading or just a signature item.

oenavigator
09-18-2008, 08:02 PM
I have about six or so in my sig item collection. I really think they're awesome. They would make great sig items and you can trade them with other cachers. We going to "try" to get some made the first of next year. Maybe I'll be able to trade one for a mountainborn tag? :wink:

cfd29
09-18-2008, 08:15 PM
they are really neat, I have 45 now in my collection, some have really nice designs..
Been thinking about getting one of our own soon

mountainborn
09-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Wow, thats cool. I never heard of them until we found articabn in the wild in a cache called pass the barbeque.
Are there a many out there in the wild ? Or are they mostly traded on the internet ?

oenavigator
09-19-2008, 04:34 PM
I've only discovered two in the wild. I think that's mostly due to not many geocachers using them in this area. I opened up an account on the website and did notice they are traded a lot.
I just love finding sig items. I even have a "CacheMates" sig card from before they were CacheMates. :D When we get some we'll most likely release some and keep the rest for trades and to give away.

redink
09-19-2008, 07:57 PM
I've only discovered two in the wild. I think that's mostly due to not many geocachers using them in this area. I opened up an account on the website and did notice they are traded a lot.
I just love finding sig items. I even have a "CacheMates" sig card from before they were CacheMates. :D When we get some we'll most likely release some and keep the rest for trades and to give away.
What about my Red Ink card from Sugarloaf? You're hurting my feelings!

oenavigator
09-19-2008, 08:56 PM
What about my Red Ink card from Sugarloaf? You're hurting my feelings!

What!??..Stupid website must have deleted part of my post. It completely excluded "and of course my highly treasured red ink sig card. Both variants!!" :lol: And just so nobody else is left out I also have:

Teaxas Georodders (pathtag)
DAVIDMEDLYN (button & keychain)
mtee & herdofturtles (turtle on a rock)
Team CFD29 (nickel)
Extreme Mom (nickel)
Two Left Feet (nickel)
RV Paces (nickel)
Jackrock (nickel)
247 Malibu (nickel)
Jeepfun (nickel)
Team Madog (nickel & carabineer)
BMWRIDER2 (poker chip #004)
Team Gingerbread (gingerbread man)
Team J&K (card & nickel)
Teamnaruto (bracelet)
MOMSINTOFUN (ring)
The Muffler man (marble)
TXCacheDogs (smiley face guy)
GoatsandVettes (card)
Princess JayJay55 (card)
Ceeker7 (mini BYOP pencil #13)
Los Traviesos (token)
The Caching Gators (card)
*TnT* (nickel and handmade clay token)
RGS (card)
L Frank (mini hot dog)
T"n"t (button)
rklmbl (token)
Imperial Walkers (pathtag)
theCLB (card)
The Radioactives (card)
TeamNab (card)
Mimi & Pop (card)
Outbounder & ByU LDY (card)
Grandkid38 (card)
Jerry Bonnie & Abby (card)
red ink (uber cool card :D)
TXOILGAS (pathtag)
Plan-B (pathtag)
HadgeHopper (pathtag)
Lare58 (both dragon pathtags)

Whew! I think that's it. :lol: I still have yet to get one of ORR's carabiners. LOL. I've wanted one of those for over a year. Back OT, I really think Pathtags are a great way to have a custom sig item especially for the creativity challenged geocachers like myself.

topkitty98
09-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Would you like me to mail you a markrocks nickel? They are awesome - put out by woodwalker, one of Mark's hugest fans and buddys.

GeoJeepers
09-20-2008, 11:51 AM
One of the "prizes" we received for the Searcy Meet and Greet is a stack of coupons for $15 off of a starter pack from PathTags. The starter kit is $99 but you can get one for $84 with coupon. We're not holding them as prizes, we'll give them out to someone that wants them so if you can come we can hook you up.....looks like the only fine print is you have to use it within 2 weeks of the event. So if want some now, $15 is $15!

oenavigator
09-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Would you like me to mail you a markrocks nickel? They are awesome - put out by woodwalker, one of Mark's hugest fans and buddys.

Very much so! We ran across one at the AGFC cache in Ponca but figured we should move it along rather than keep it. We'd be very honored to have one of markrocks nickels and thank you. I'll PM our address.

idratherbehiking
09-20-2008, 07:34 PM
I found a markrocks nickel a while back but my nephew dropped it in a cache in Round Rock TX. By the time I realized it we were 3 hours away.

mountainborn
09-21-2008, 06:37 AM
Hey, you guys, If you have a personal pathtag, please show us what it looks like. We are looking for ideas for a design.

mountainborn
10-15-2008, 05:42 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/mountainborn0/Mountainborn_V3.jpg

cachemates
10-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Hey mountainborn like your design, look forward to finding one of them in a cache somewhere. I expected to see Dillons head sticking out of the jeep window.
Good Job.

cfd29
10-15-2008, 07:17 PM
That is a super cool design, have to talk you out of one of those sometime
:D

mountainborn
02-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Our ARKGEO pathtags arrived in the mail today. They are super cool. We plan to drop some in Colorado this Summer as we cache about the state.

arkfiremedic
02-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Got mine today as well. They look great!

ShadowCachers
02-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Got me some in the mail today as well. Love them

idratherbehiking
02-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Got mine today also. They look better than the picture showed. I plan on doing some trading when I go to the Texas Challenge in a couple of weeks.

Woodwalker9
02-27-2009, 10:07 PM
I got mine today also and they look fantastic. Thanks to the Fund Raising Committee and the design team on a job well done.

GeoJeepers
02-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Ours came in today also and they look better than I had hoped! :D :D :D

MathSeeker
02-28-2009, 01:36 PM
I never found the info to order any. Can anyone help?

scoutfrog
02-28-2009, 01:49 PM
me too, could not figure out where to look.

TnT
02-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Assuming you're registered voting members of arkgeo, the info can be found under the Arkansas Geocachers Association sub-forum.

If you're not a voting member, this sub-forum won't be visible to you until you become voting members. Just click on the link to the left "Registered Voting" and register to become a full member. As it says on the main page, "It's free."

GeoJeepers
02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
BSA534 did post the link there, but it won't do you much good today. The 20 bags that were made sold out in 4 days! We have more in production now but you can't preorder online...I have an email in to Pathtags.com to find out how long it will be before they are ready. As soon as we receive notification that the online store is open again we will re-post the link here on ArkGeo.

scoutfrog
02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
I must just be blind then. I click on the "registered members" link and all of my info comes up along with the date I registered but I just can't find the place where you were supposed to order the pathtags. I've been looking if it since they went on sale.

MathSeeker
02-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Ditto for me ScoutFrog

Clark~Griswold
02-28-2009, 04:23 PM
I must just be blind then. I click on the "registered members" link and all of my info comes up along with the date I registered but I just can't find the place where you were supposed to order the pathtags. I've been looking if it since they went on sale.

The correct link to click is "Registered Voting".

For the first 30 days there is a password required to order the pathtags. The link and password are in the Arkansas Geocachers Assosciation forum. In order to see this forum, you must be a Voting member of ArkGeo. Registration is easy and free.

scoutfrog
02-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Been there , gone that. I click on the "registered voting" link and I got the clivk to register link. When I clicked it, all of my info comes up, So then what was i supposed to do. There was no other link to click or place to enter a password. By the way, what password could not find that either?

scoutfrog
02-28-2009, 04:53 PM
here is the info that comes up.

Registered Member Details

Username scoutfrog
Last Name ronnie
First Name wood
Age 41
Birthdate 5/20/1967
eMail scoutfrog@aol.com
Phone 423-653-1403
Street Address 216 trenton st
City, ST ZIP chattanooga, TN 37415
Registered February 18, 2009, 9:26 PM

What am I missing?

MathSeeker
02-28-2009, 04:54 PM
I clicked on Registered voting. Then voter registration. The following with some blanked out appeared.
Registered ID MathSeeker
Registered Name Judy Thiedig
Birthdate
eMail
Phone
Address
City, ST ZIP
Registered February 9, 2009, 12:29 PM
I joined Arkansas Geocachers Association on August 28, 2008, but didn't become a voting member until February 9, 2009.
I still do not see any of the info on the pathtags though. Guess I will just wait and see what appears.
Thank you, Judy.

GeoJeepers
02-28-2009, 05:38 PM
If you are a registered voting member then you can see the forum link titled "Arkansas Geocachers Association". (Recently it was changed so that only members could see this forum). When I click the Arkansas Geocachers Assocation link the post on top is a Sticky titled "Pathtags are Ready!" that BSA534 started ,and his post has the link to the Pathtag store.

Do you not see it?

TnT
02-28-2009, 06:24 PM
This makes me wonder if the website administrator is behind a bit. If you click on the usergroups link above, there is a usergroup for voting members. Presumably the permissions for the members only forum is set based on this usergroup.

Neither scoutfrog nor mathseeker are listed in the voting members usergroup, which may simply be because the admin hasn't added them yet. Don't know for sure, but that's my guess.

Gaddiel
02-28-2009, 06:39 PM
There were a handful of members who have joined within the last month. Among those were the two mentioned above. The new members have been added to the group, so it should be up to date now. I wasn't aware the the groups had to be manually synched.

MathSeeker and scoutfrog, you should be working now. If not, let me know!

Wayne

MathSeeker
02-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Thank you, Wayne. Now I have the link.
Judy

Ashallond
05-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Can you check on me? I was given a direct link, but I don't see the forum called 'Arkansas Geocachers Association.' I only have 7 subforums, and that isn't one of them. Thanks.

Gaddiel
05-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Can you check on me? I was given a direct link, but I don't see the forum called 'Arkansas Geocachers Association.' I only have 7 subforums, and that isn't one of them. Thanks.

Try it now, Ashallond. You may have to logout and log back in...

Wayne

Ashallond
05-23-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm good now. Thanks!

pshelto
06-21-2009, 09:33 AM
I can't seem to get access either. I just registered to vote about two weeks ago.

Gaddiel
06-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Flyfishingcachers, pshelto, mz_grzz, and Hollowlog:

You guys should be able to see the members forums now!

Wayne