PDA

View Full Version : Searcy M&G

gespurr
07-23-2008, 09:35 PM
I haven't found a topic anywhere about this yet, but I'm skipping out on a wedding for this you guys know... lol (besides, I think I'd have more fun outdoors than at a wedding :oops:)

I think I have an addiction. Has anyone developed a 12-step program for this yet?

BSA534
07-23-2008, 10:45 PM
The program I'm working on is - Find 1000 caches as fast as possible and then see if you're still addicted! I'm 70% there and I think the addiction is only growing!

cfd29
07-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Yes, the 12 step program is

1. Find more caches
2. Find more caches
3. Find more caches
4. Find more caches
5. Find more caches
6. Find more caches
7. Find more caches
8. Find more caches
9. Find more caches
10. Find more caches
11. Find more caches
12. Go out and find some more caches

Easy Program

8O

majii
07-24-2008, 07:33 AM
I will have to miss out on this one because I'm attending a wedding in Ohio. Hopefully I'll get to do some caching up there though.

gespurr
07-30-2008, 09:52 PM
i swear i hear crickets :)

AR-HICK
07-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Crickets are better than "Dueling Banjo's" :lol:
Check out these fun caches and see if you have a problem.
You will find my name on both of them, but I don't have a problem.
I understand my addiction perfectly and I can quit at any time. :oops:

Summer Dreams -- DO NOT FIND THIS CACHE! by Old River Runner (GCT9XT)
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=dc26d40d-03fe-4c29-8a1c-088f4c1c1b9c

Accept It! #1 by NidoMio (GCXDJM)
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=5dca0fa2-a388-448f-be54-04f234c1dc90

scoutfrog
07-31-2008, 05:57 AM
I wish you had not mentioned "Dueling Banjos", Me and my geocaching group (the GETGC) are spending the weekend up where they filmed that movie! 8O
here is a link to one of the events(the main one)
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... wp=GC14DZJ (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC14DZJ)

gespurr
08-05-2008, 08:26 PM
OK, since I'm a M&G ummmm

virgin

what should I expect? Do we have teams? Contests? Drinkin? (oh no wait.. this is Searcy..) Dancing? :P

OldRiverRunner
08-05-2008, 08:42 PM
OK, since I'm a M&G ummmm

virgin

what should I expect? Do we have teams? Contests? Drinkin? (oh no wait.. this is Searcy..) Dancing? :P

Actually, it's pretty simple. You just show up and, as a first-timer, you give $10 to each cacher who has been to 1 event before, $20 to each cacher who has been to 2 events before, $30 for 3 events, and so on. Now you know why people like to attend as many events as they can! Don't worry, you will make your money back after a few events, because only the first-timers have to pay.

Oh, don't forget to get in on the snipe hunt that will take place immediately following the event!

gespurr
08-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Why do I have this feeling that I am going to owe Woodwalker alone my September mortgage.

My DH (Old_Pines) says "Snipe Hunting!? AWESOME! I still haven't been able to catch one of those buggers.. count me in. Oh, and does anyone know where I can get a new snipe net because mine is torn"

searcykid
09-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Only two more weeks until the big event in Searcy so I wanted to jump this thread back to the top so everyone will be reminded.

And Gespurr, we will let you put the dues on credit and collect when you start collecting. By that time we will have forgotten about the whole thing.

Ok, No dues. No entrance fees. No cover charge. Just come and have fun and meet a lot of nice people, find a lot of challenging caches plus a few not so callenging , learn a little bit about paperless caching, and maybe even go home with a nice prize.

Bring the kids and let them find the KIDS CACHE.

September 27th is the date. Searcy Riverside Park is the PLace. 8 AM until ?? is the time. Coffee and donuts is the treat for the early birds.

ShadowCachers
09-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Can't wait!! :D If you see a tent that morning its the ShadowCachers. We got to excited and couldn't wait any longer.. :P

searcykid
09-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Just a note to let you guys know that this year we will have the Boy Scouts with their Hot Dog and Hamburger Concession for the hungry folks who do not want to go into Searcy for Lunch.

I don't know how much it will cost but I'm sure it will not be more expensive than eating in Searcy.

You are also invited to bring some kind of desert if you would like.
We will provide the plates and bowls and spoons and forks. Just bring the desert of your choice.

Of course you have the option of bringing your own lunch or going into town for lunch.

Also the Parks and Recreation Dept. said that anyone wanting to Tent camp in the Park can do so, in the area near the pavilion. Their are no bath facilities but there are rest rooms available. No open fires except in designated fire places. There are lights in the restrooms .
There is a large "Fireplace" in the open pavilion that we have reserved.

cfd29
09-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Sounds like fun, we are always ready for a hot dog lunch!!

idratherbehiking
09-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks SearcyKid for posting this info for us. I am going to be caching all day Friday and will be camping out Friday night. Is anyone else planning on camping Friday?

ShadowCachers
09-18-2008, 09:21 PM
My wife is making a Banana Split pie and let me tell you get some before its gone.. Good stuff. I will be happy to e-mail the recipe if needed by anybody.

topkitty98
09-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Could you just email me the pie, please? 8O

BSA534
09-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Could you just email me the pie, please? 8O

If he can just figure out how to get WinZip to work on it! :roll: :D

ShadowCachers
09-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Tried sending the pie, seem to be having computer issues now and CD ROM full of pie filling. Guess I should send recipe and not pie.

searcykid
09-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Since we can't get the actual pie via the internet it looks like we will have to come to the Event to sample it.

Better bring two or three or more of the pies because now that you disclosed how good it is people will be coming just to taste it. And apparently a taste will not be enough. I know I'm looking forward to a sample and my wife says bring the receipe. She never passes up a cookbook or receipe. When she had to have an MRI on her head the doctor only found a cookbook where her brain was supposed to be. At least that is what I told her he found.

The desserts are even a more compelling reason to come to the event than all the other good stuff so make your plans to attend.

gespurr
09-23-2008, 12:33 PM
NoraInu has been placed for Saturday!! :wink:

searcykid
09-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Here is a new update on the Searcy Events Page:

For those who are watching the page...we invite everyone who is in town on Friday evening to meet us at Ryan's. We can eat and talk caching, and maybe do the night cache in Riverside Park!

Meet at Ryans at 6:30 PM.

Sounds like fun to me. Cache all day Friday, eat supper at Ryans, and do the Riverside By Night Cache in a group.

This Saturday the 27th is the big day.

See YOU there.

gespurr
09-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Heyyyy.. I have a question and kinda need an answer quick. When we've been asked to email the numbers from the TB, do they want the TB Number off Geocaching.com or the one that's on the actual TB dogtag? I'll bring the backup tag w/ me @ work tomorrow so I can email if need be

(question CCed on Searcy M&G page on geocaching.com)

BSA534
09-26-2008, 09:08 AM
They are looking for the tracking numbers off the tag I believe. When you view your own tag online (assuming you are logged in) it will show you the tag number so you can copy and paste it instead of having to re-type it.

Hope this helps! See everyone tomorrow! Gonna be a fun day!

searcykid
09-26-2008, 09:52 AM
For those not familiar with Searcy , here is some information that might interest you

Searcy is a good city to cache by bicycle

Searcy has a 4.8 mile Bike/Hiking trail that runs through town and it is loaded with caches. So if you have a bike it would cut down on your walking and save a lot of time to use it. The caches at Riverside park cover a lot of distance so they too could be run more quickly with a bike.
There are 14 caches in Riverside Park, besides the temporary ones we will be putting out and the event cache itself..

Searcy is also loaded with a lot of quick PNG's for the cachers wanting to increase their find total.

Our in town city parks also have multiple caches in each park.

There are about 125 caches within the Searcy City Limits.

See you on the trail and at the Event.

AR-HICK
09-27-2008, 04:21 AM
Firing up my Helicopter and heading that way!:lol:

gespurr
09-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Oddly, I never saw a helicopter today.. hmm

Thanks for the great afternoon!! As some of you know, my morning didn't start great :( but Thanks a MILLION for the donuts! They helped TREMENDOUSLY

Made it back to my parents within 5 minutes of leaving the pavillion and had my shoes off about 3 minutes after that. AHHH

cfd29
09-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Well we rode around with Hick today,, there was a couple of times that we got off the ground, but it was only for short durations.

But about the Event, we had such a great time, everything turned out just perfect...

AR-HICK
09-27-2008, 08:33 PM
My Helicopter is one of those stealth kinds, very hard to see without special equipment. 8O

Just as like last year a fantastic event, Lots of Old faces and Lots of New ones. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. :D I am still amazed by the Searcy cachers putting on a great event. Hick rates it a 5 of 5 on the good time scale. Thanks to everyone who made it happen, Searcy cachers are GREAT!

ShadowCachers
09-28-2008, 07:42 AM
For those who wanted this..

Banana Split Pie

Use a 9 by 13 square pie pan

Pecan Crust

1 cup flour
½ cup powdered sugar
½ cup chopped nuts (I used almonds)
1 stick oleo melted
Mix all together in a bowl
Press into pie pan bottom only
Bake 350 till brown and let Cool

Filling 1st layer

8 oz cream cheese
1 stick oleo
1 box powdered sugar 16oz
Cream together
Then put on top of crust

Filling 2nd layer

Drain small can crushed pineapple
4 sliced bananas
Put on top of cream mixture

1st topping

Large box vanilla pudding (cooled)
Put on top of fruit

Last topping

Cool whip – Spread evenly
Mar. cherries
Chopped nuts – sprinkle evenly
Choc syrup – You can be creative with this to give that banana split look. I use lines in a crisscross pattern. I have even seen people use the choc syrup for writing a birthday message.

Chill and serve.

ENJOY!!!!

KD5JNL
09-28-2008, 12:19 PM
awesome pie shadowcachers!!!!!!! Thanks for the recipe :lol:

searcykid
09-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Quiltingranny and I finally got a sample of this great Banana Pie at the Event and it was just as delicious as advertised. We almost finished it off but Geojeepers had his eye on the pan and we left a little for him.
But it was completely gone by the end of the event.

Thanks for bringing it and giving us the recipe.

GeoJeepers
09-28-2008, 07:25 PM
That stuff was AWESOME!! :D :D Didn't want to tell Searcykid, but I had already had a "sample" of this wonderful stuff earlier in the day...but I could not pass up the last corner in the pan! Make sure and tell Mrs. Shadowcacher how much we loved it ....(unless you made it :oops: :D :D )