PDA

View Full Version : Corps of engineers parks

07-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know the policy on caches by the corps of engineers. I Have scouted a couple of locations and was trying to figure out who to contact for permission. The corps web site doesn't even mention geocaching, so I didn't know if it was the district headquarters or the local office in charge.

Thanks!
Chris

AR-HICK
07-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Try contacting the local office first. They can approve it or put you in touch with the right person.
Hope this helps.

Spice
07-15-2008, 10:26 AM
I have some caches placed in the O'kane Park near Paris that is no longer maintained but still Corps of Engineers Property. I was in contact with a Joel Epperson at the Russsellville Office to get my approval.

All he required was for me to send him some coordinates to where I wanted to place the caches and I also sent him some photos (can't remember if they wanted it or I just sent them).

Mr. Epperson later e-mailed me and stated I could move forward with my placement. They did not have me do any type of permit just let them know where they were going to be.

I also recall that Mr. Epperson also is a cacher and knows about geocaching.

I too would recommend that you call your local office. If it is Russellville email me and I will send you the contact info.

cad-guy
07-21-2008, 10:19 AM
We put some in Springhill Park around Van Buren. The corps out of Russellville said no problem.

MKH