View Full Version : Soon to be archived....

07-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Since things don't look too promising with the ONF geocaching policy I will be achiving the following caches before I go back to school this August. If you want to find them you still have a few weeks. Once I pull them down I'll move them to more cacher friendly places like the Ouachita State Park.

GCWVZA Deep Valley Cache
GCVZHK Rushing Waters
GCRQ4R Holy Rocks
GCVZHE Ouachita Pinnacle
GCV54V Man, what a climb!
GCV552 Hardwood Holler
GC14C1M It's in a cedar tree 2.1
GC14C1Y Pine Knot
GCVZHV Piney trail cache
GC11BXJ A Geo Geocache
GC11BXT Take a Seat
GC11BY4 I hope you like to hike!
GCT5AN Creek View Cache

I hate to do this but there really seems to be no other option. If the Forrest Service changes their policy then these will stay, otherwise I'll find new places for the containers. Thanks to all who have found these and shared their memories with me through their logs. You have repaid me well!!

07-08-2008, 06:56 PM

07-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for your concern. Since I have recieved a reply from Senator Pryor's office I have a little more confidence in our success. I wasn't planning on archiving till the middle of August anyway so there is still time. I'm not too worried about fines since most of my caches are well hid and require some effort to get to. If things don't change I'll consider adopting out some of them.

07-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Here's the problem with adopting them out, as I found out with my attempts to save blakely dam. The old permission doesn't count after an adoption. You would have to get permission from the landowner, in this case the ONF. All permits would have to be satisfied before Chuck would allow an adoption. Meaning that unless you are ready to cough up the extortion fee, you are out of luck. Hate to be the one to have to tell you this, but I just wanted you guys to know, that we'll have to come up with a better plan.

07-13-2008, 05:29 PM

07-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Well I'll hold off on archiving till we get a firm decision on the issue. If after we have exhausted all avenues and still do not have a favorable situation then I'll archive.