PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 60cx help!

TopSgtLawrence
06-14-2008, 09:15 AM
I can not get my new Garmin to work correctly, When I try to use the compass mode the pointer is not there, all I get is= ..... ....., no arrow will show. What am I doing wrong?

BSA534
06-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Two things I can think of...

Make sure you have a cache (or some other destination) chosen by using the "Find" button. I believe the compass doesn't work unless its got something to point to.

Calibrate your compass. From the compass screen choose "Menu" and calibrate compass. I have to do this a lot... (makes me dizzy!).

Those are my ideas... Hope maybe one of them will help. Its a great unit, I love mine!

Spice
06-14-2008, 09:47 PM
When on the navigation page, or the "compass" page press "Menu".

You should get a list of options, go to and select "Bearing Pointer" and press "ENTR" OR "ENTER". That should give you the "Pointer" that will "point" the way.

I have a 60csx and that is how I get, so I think it should be the same for your model.

TopSgtLawrence
06-15-2008, 03:53 PM
I show my new Garmin to AR-Hick and Woodwalker, and I think they decided that the unit was defected, The compass needle did not show for them either.

idratherbehiking
06-15-2008, 07:32 PM
I had that same problem with mine when I first got it at the beginning of the year but I cannot remember how I finally got it to work. If it comes to me I will let you know. Good Luck!!

BSA534
06-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Might also want to check the garmin website and make sure you have the latest firmware version. Its quick and easy to install.

TopSgtLawrence
06-17-2008, 09:29 AM
I called Garmin yesterday 16 June 08, After trying this and trying that, The tech Rep decided the unit was defected. I will receive return info with-in 24 hours. Thanks to AR-Hick, woodwalker and BSA for your help, Hope to get my new unit soon.

TopSgtLawrence
07-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Well, I received conformation that my New GPS was shipped from the factory yesterday, I hope to get it soon, AR-Hick and wood walker help me set it up.

Woodwalker9
07-12-2008, 08:55 AM
That's great news TopSgtLawrence. You'll be out racking up the numbers before long now. Please keep us updated on your progress.

TopSgtLawrence
07-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Well, my new unit came in this morning 15 July 08, I still need to initialize it.