PDA

View Full Version : GeoWoodstock VII : Start planning your trip now.

Spice
06-05-2008, 09:09 PM
I have noticed that the listing for next year's GeoWoodStock VII has been published on GC.com.

Here is the link:
GeoWoodStock VII (GC1CG5G) (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=0194c80b-21eb-48b5-ac2c-534059d5b7bb)

My birthday is in May and I have already asked to make a trip to this event for my birthday next year.

It is at a neighboring state and I think a great chance for those in Arkansas to attend. I'm going to start making plans to attend now.

rklmbl
06-06-2008, 07:46 AM
You should have seen rkl's eyes 8O light up this morning when I saw this thread and told him where GWVII was to be. He's already talking about going. Now he's really got to work his butt off the next few months. Thanks, David, for putting this thread on Ark Geo. mbl

BSA534
06-06-2008, 10:58 AM
My birthday isn't til October, so I think I'm going to ask my wife to get me this for Paris' birthday. That should work!

Seriously, I already have it marked on my calendar. 350 miles away. Is this the closest a mega event has been to central Arkansas?

QuartzCachers
06-06-2008, 04:42 PM
WOOHOO! I saw this on the weekly mailer yesterday! I am stoked! This should be a blast! Is this a week, or weekend long thing? I don't know a whole lot about these, but I've heard they are fun. Although if gas gets any higher, we may have to see how many geocachers we can stuff into Dentful's 49 MPG rig! :lol:

idratherbehiking
06-07-2008, 05:41 AM
I really want to go to this event but it looks like I won't be able to because as of now my sons graduation is scheduled for the day before the event.

Spice
06-08-2008, 08:00 AM
I did a search last night of hotels in the area of Bell Buckle, TN. One hotel showed there were no available rooms for the dates I put in and the other said it was a date range to far in the future to search.

We plan on leaving Arkansas Thursday, May 21st, 2009 and returning on Monday, May 25th, 2009 (which is Memorial Day).

I made reservations at a Country Inn and Suites in Murfressboro, TN.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated!

AR-HICK
06-10-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm planning my trip now :!:

Oh Yeah, Going to Geowoodstock :D

cfd29
07-24-2008, 04:42 PM
We have our trip already on the calender, we are going down on Wed the 20th scope out the area, check out the distillery at Lynchburg... :P
Then return home on Sun the 24th. We are staying in Manchester a little farther south, but looks like there are some caches to be found in the area, so we will probably make a loop and find a few on Thurs and Fri before the event. Looking forward to it..

HikerRon
07-25-2008, 10:17 AM
yep, i've already posted a 'will attend'. it would be good to have a good showing of AR cachers there.

ShadowCachers
07-27-2008, 06:30 AM
Planning on attending and pretty excited. Hope I'm not deployed overseas. Curious if any Ark geocacher's were planning on getting together and doing a caravan, car pool or getting together and planning a ralley point for everybody to get together in TN.

oenavigator
07-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Planning on attending and pretty excited. Hope I'm not deployed overseas. Curious if any Ark geocacher's were planning on getting together and doing a caravan, car pool or getting together and planning a ralley point for everybody to get together in TN.

Great idea! Is anybody planning on camping that weekend?

SJClimber
07-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Must try one of these events, so I've signed to attend. Near my high school in Monteagle and will likely pull the trailer to do the nostalgia thing plus cache a bit. I'm game for a caravan/group camping plan.. I'll check out parks, etc. Onward

HikerRon
07-30-2008, 11:31 AM
SJC- keep me posted on the camping options. i would be up for that.

ShadowCachers
07-31-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm all for camping and have tons of supplies.

SJClimber
08-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Initial study reveals no national forest sites near, three state parks: Old Stone Fort - 23 miles, no reservations, Henry Horton - 24 miles - nice site, but circuitous route to Bell buckle, Cedars of Lebanon - 54 miles (whew). Not much luck on independent rv parks as yet. Wrote BB chamber for suggestions also. Will keep trying...

oenavigator
08-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks for checking into this for everyone SJC!

ShadowCachers
08-01-2008, 06:21 PM
All the Arkgeocachers should try and find a location to hang out and share caching stories in the down time. Camping area would be great. Nothing like a camp fire with some good stories.

scoutfrog
01-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Thought I would keep you guys in the loop. The registration for Geowoodstock VII is now open and here is the link.
http://www.geowoodstock.com/

SJClimber
04-02-2009, 06:29 PM
This information comes from the GeoWoodstock forum. If you are interested in RV or tent camping, this might be of interest..

Those of you watching this thread will get a sneak peek on this info.

I have just gotten word that the Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce is ready to begin taking reservations for RV and tent camping.

You can contact them @:
Phone/Fax: 931-389-9663
Email: info@bellbucklechamber.com
Be sure to reference GeoWoodstock VII Tent or RV Camping in your communications.

I would like to note that this is a separate thing from GeoWoodstock and our committee is not directly involved with this so you will need to direct questions to the Chamber. We heard your calls for a place to camp and the Chamber graciously agreed to host our guests. The Chamber will be handling all the details on the camping from reservations, to collecting fees and providing services, to cleaning up after the event. All proceeds go directly to the Chamber of Commerce to help offset the cost of hosting the campers and any profits will help to fund their activities throughout the year.

This same info will be posted on www.GeoWoodstock.com (http://www.GeoWoodstock.com) in the next day or so.

Spice
04-07-2009, 06:35 PM
My family and I have our room reservations in Murfreesboro and tonight I ordered my event registrations.

We plan on leaving Paris on Thursday, May 21st and then returning on Monday, May 25th.

It will be here before you know it.

SJClimber
04-11-2009, 07:24 AM
My family and I have our room reservations in Murfreesboro and tonight I ordered my event registrations.

We plan on leaving Paris on Thursday, May 21st and then returning on Monday, May 25th.

It will be here before you know it.

Likely all are aware that a tornado went through Murfreesboro this week. Might be prudent to check on reservations at local motels before heading out.

Spice
04-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I just called the hotel we have reservations at and all is well there.

Spice
04-22-2009, 09:56 AM
As of right now I know me and my family will be attending Geowoodstock 7. I also know that cfd29 and hikerron will be going also.

Who else is going?

I was hoping to compile a list of Arkansas cachers that were going and maybe one night the Arkansas cachers could get together to have a meal.

AR-HICK
04-22-2009, 03:03 PM
I will be in attendance with BeSeeInU at my first travels to the far east in many years. I sure hope I don't fall off the edge of the earth 8O I am unsure if all my stuff will work over there :oops: Does anyone think that weather stone will still work :?:

BSA534
04-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Connor & I are planning on going. We'll be camping at the Chamber camping area on Friday and Saturday.

rklmbl
04-24-2009, 07:05 AM
We plan to leave on Wednesday, May 20, make a stop in Gum Log and Morrilton, and then proceed towards Bell Buckle. When we go out of town, we always try to find a Zaxby's for food intake :roll: :wink: :lol:

cfd29
04-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Yep, the weather stone will work, I think it was invented in TN!!

We will be leaving out Wed Morning the 20th also..

Will be attending the pre event on Fri evening then the midnight geocoin bash on Sat night.

May have to make a trip to Lynchburg in between :wink:

ShadowCachers
05-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Here is picture of one our shirts we had made for GWS VII. The shirts are pretty reasonable priced and you get the option to have the Travel Bug design printed on the back with a tracking number. You can also have your name printed accross the back like shown. If anybody wants one let me know. email me at ryanandtamilehman@yahoo.com or call 740-818-9695 for prices. Would be pretty awesome to see all Arkansas Cachers at GWS VII wearing the same T-shirts. Thanks! Ryan
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/ryanandtamilehman/th_IMG_4081-2.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/ryanandtamilehman/?action=view&current=IMG_4081-2.jpg)
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/ryanandtamilehman/th_IMG_4084-1.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/ryanandtamilehman/?action=view&current=IMG_4084-1.jpg)

MathSeeker
05-05-2009, 08:46 PM
:D :D :D :lol: :lol:
Can you tell that I am excited about going to GeoWoodstock???
I am attending the Friday night meet and greet and the Midnight Geocoin Madness Event. I'm staying in Murfreesboro at the Ramada Limited. :P :P

HikerRon
05-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Myself and a buddy from Colorado, Hiking_fool will be at GWS7, and the friday night event. We are staying at Sleep Inn in Brentwood/Franklin

scoutfrog
05-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Since I live just a little over an hour south of GW7, I'll be there too. Just look for the guy with a frog on his head.

BSA534
05-06-2009, 10:04 PM
I was looking over the map and I'm thinking about going south after the GWS and caching back to Arkansas via Alabama & Mississippi. Pick up a few new states that way!

scoutfrog
05-07-2009, 07:59 PM
The chattanooga,tn area (where i live ) is a very cache rich area. There are 720 caches within 10 miles of downtown (zip code 37401), over 1400 within 20 miles and 2459 within 50 miles. There are a lot of in town micros but there are some larger smalls and a few ammo cans. If you come down to I-59 to get to Alabama, it's only a 14 mile side trip to get down town, plus I-59 runs through about 15 miles of georgia before you get to the Alabama state line.

BSA534
05-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I also saw several earthcaches in the area. I need to get one out-of-state to earn my first earthcache pin. Hopefully we can pick up a few of those as well. I saw the road to Georgia and it is very tempting. The hard part will be driving past caches to get to others! Man, I need a week or 2 to make this trip!

ShadowCachers
06-09-2009, 07:31 AM
GeoWoodStock VII event photo ready for download athttp://www.geowoodstock.com/news/event_media.html

jclaudii
06-09-2009, 08:27 AM
impressive crowd and camera!