PDA

View Full Version : Gravity and horses do not mix well sometimes

Woodwalker9
05-19-2008, 12:15 PM
I just got a call from Mike Pinkston, aka. Team Pink. His wife Donna went horse back riding yesterday and was thrown from the horse. She broke her left wrist. Mike said that it actually exploded the bone. He told me that they have her wearing a fixator. I think she wears the fixator for 6 weeks and then a cast for 6 weeks. Wow!

My best to you Donna. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/woodwalker9/Donna2.jpg http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/woodwalker9/gw4.gif

mountainborn
05-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Holey Toledo ! Hang in there Donna !

Spice
05-19-2008, 01:45 PM
OUCH...sorry to hear that....I will be praying for a speedy recovery.

Gaddiel
05-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Donna, take care of yourself and get better! Our prayers are with you.

Wayne

searcykid
05-19-2008, 03:36 PM
OUCH!!! That has got to reallly hurt.
Get Mike to feed you that Chicken Soup. Time , Chicken Soup and a lot of tender loving care sounds like just the cure you need.
Get Well Soon.
Searcykid and Quiltingranny

oenavigator
05-19-2008, 09:36 PM
:D

HikerRon
05-20-2008, 08:51 AM
uh, is the horse okay? did you take vengence? :lol:
boy my arm hurts just looking at that photo. i hope you are right-handed. get well soon.

relikborg
05-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Thats really not cool, reminded of why I stuck to dirt bikes back in Kansas. Heres to a quick recovery! Get well soon!

cachemates
05-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Donna, Sorry to hear about your fall! Did you stay on for the 8 seconds buzzer?
Get well soon.

topkitty98
05-20-2008, 09:16 PM
OH MY WORD!!!

I can't tell you how many times I've told geo-j I wanna horse to cache on - ultimate 4 wheel/hoof drive who could carry all our mess and we wouldn't have to gas it up -- may have to rethink that one!

Bless you guys, you are in our prayers

AR-HICK
05-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Those horses can be a little dangerous, my sister took a spill a few years ago and spent a couple of days in the HORSEPITAL.

Maybe when you get the cast off you soak your wrist in that chicken soup I bet that will make it feel a lot bettter.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Team_Pink
05-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks for all the warm wishes and humor. It has been a little rough on the weaker part of Team Pink but he is adjusting! :)

We don't know just yet about the Lake Catherine event, will have to wait and see how everything goes. We are really wanting to see everyone and meet some new geocachers!

Thanks again, and it's times like this that shows that the best thing about geocaching is the people you do it with!

rklmbl
05-22-2008, 06:09 AM
Sorry to hear about Donna's accident. We are hoping for a fast recovery. Ron and Maribeth

flannelman
05-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Sorryy to hear about that. I'm glad it wasn't worse!! My wife broke her ankle bout 10 years ago when we were going fishing. I haven't taken her since!! I didn't even get to wet a hook before she broke it. Hope you heal quickl and well!!

cachecrazies
05-23-2008, 05:10 PM
All of our sympathy to Donna! Well, maybe a little bit to Mike too!.

We've kind of been there - done that but the cause of Mrs. Crazies exploded wrist was roller skates rather than a horse! The agony & frustration of trying to fix your hair, put on makeup, take a bath or (shhh, put on deodorant) or 101 every day chores becomes impossible with one hand!

Of course our wonderful caring helpful husbands now have to do EVERYTHING in the house. Bob survived it and I'm sure that Mike will too - hopefully semi-cheerfully! We certainly hope that you recover quickly but we know a great hand surgeon in Little Rock if you need one! He reconstructed my wrist and I have no problems with it at all! Our thoughts and sympathies are definately with you!