PDA

View Full Version : Can't Delete Users

LongDogs
08-30-2004, 09:58 AM
After a bit of research and frustration, I've determined that it is not possible to delete a user in this version of PHP-Nuke without corrupting the site and forum database.

I will try to fix the bug in PHP-Nuke, or at least figure out how some way to turn the users entry off in the member list, but until then I can't honor requests to remove a user.

In a worse case scenario, I can disable an account so a user can't log in, but I cannot actually remove the account.

GEO
08-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Isn't that up to the individual,to delete their account?
I know in most groups you can leave the group.

LongDogs
08-30-2004, 04:55 PM
You can leave, but you can't remove yourself from the login database. At least not right now. When you try (or when I try to remove someone) nothing happens. No error, but the account is still in the member list.

I'll look into it as soon as I get a chance. I'm gonna be pretty tied up over the next few days.

arkansas_stickerdude
08-30-2004, 05:07 PM
LD I have another group useing this type of forum I will see if they know.

southdeltan
08-30-2004, 08:30 PM
I have a policy of not deleting accounts. If the user causes problems (thankfully we haven't had that problem) I will disable the account.

I personally think it's up to the person to quit - if they want to, all they have to do is not visit the website.

Sometimes people change their minds and I got tired of deleting/restoring people so now I just don't do either (unless they are accidently deleted or something).

southdeltan

LongDogs
08-30-2004, 08:32 PM
Ok, I've fixed this bug, and acounts may be deactivated or removed.

GEO
08-30-2004, 10:25 PM
OK,
But do not hit the delete button for me. :mrgreen:
Even if,I for some unknown reason,which won't ever happen,leave.

LongDogs
08-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I should have left it broke, but the programmer in me couldn't leave it alone.

It is a feature I hope I never have to use.