PDA

View Full Version : Macro ?

mountainborn
04-02-2008, 10:58 AM
We have Microsoft Streets & Trips 08' w/GPS Module arriving in the mail soon. Where can we get the Macro ( patch ? ) that will show the cache locations on the laptop as we travel ?

Gaddiel
04-02-2008, 11:50 AM
We use Microsoft Streets & Trips on our laptop when we travel. Here's what we do to get the caches on the map (there may be an easier way...)

1) Open your pocket query in GSAK.

2) Export your PQ to a file that is in Streets & Trips format. (File -> Export Microsoft Streets and Trips Text File). Under the box "Text file to create", just give it a descriptive name (leave the .csv on the end.) You can set lots of other options here, but we just leave them as they are. Click "Generate".

3) Open Streets & Trips and import this file. (Data -> Import Data Wizard). Find the file you just exported. Accept the defaults by clicking Next, Next, Finish.

Wayne

mountainborn
04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Very cool, Thanks Wayne, I was thinking that it might be a patch that had to be applied to the Streets & Trips. If I understand right it is just a option that you choose during the import process ?
Maybe the program will arrive in the mail today or tomorrow and I can giver' a whirl ! :lol:

Gaddiel
04-02-2008, 02:10 PM
If I understand right it is just a option that you choose during the import process ?

Right. In order for S&T to read the data, it needs to be in a comma-separated text file. That's why you need to use GSAK to convert your gpx file into the correct format. From there, it's just a matter of importing into S&T.

Good luck!

Wayne

mountainborn
04-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Into GSAK, convert files to .csv, then import to S&T. Thanks