PDA

View Full Version : Insane Caching Possie

flannelman
02-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Quartzcachers and I went caching in Morrilton last Saturday in the cold wet rain and had a great time picking up all those red, yellow, blue, and green hats. It was a great day of caching even though the weather was bad!! We met a neat old dude at Cotton's Corner Pocket cache. He took us inside his private museam to see his vast collection of stuff. He had at least one of everything you can imagine. He was a really neat old dude!! We traveled around Morrilton picking up all manner of caches and ended up finding 56 caches from Opello to the north side of Morrilton. I want to thank all the Morrilton area cachers for placing so many easy to get to caches to make a nasty rainy day so much brighter!!

OldRiverRunner
02-18-2008, 09:39 PM
You guys are INSANE! 8O I LIKE it! :wink: -- ORR

BSA534
02-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah, Morrilton is a great place to cache just about anytime. I went up one day and cached in the snow. It was a sight! I got to meet Cotton that day too. He has a very cool place. I hope you did OVERKILL, that is one of my favorites. There is a great mix of easy and fun hides there. I can't wait til it starts getting darker later and I can go up there evenings after work and do some looking while its still light out.

AR-HICK
02-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks Flannelman, for you kind words. I guess I have become a fair weather cacher, I thought it would be a lousy day for caching. I am so glad that you had a good time and I just wish that I had know ya'll were coming and I would have fixed you a couple of bologna sandwiches so ya'll could cache more :lol: .
I am quite proud of some of the caches here and we hope other cachers will notice our little corner of the world :D .
Please don't compare us to Clarksville or Searcy, I don't want to get that mess started :wink:
I really enjoyed reading Quartzcachers logs it sounded like ya'll had a lot of fun in the cold and rain.
Arkansas Hick

Woodwalker9
02-19-2008, 12:18 AM
Flannelman, you are so right. Some of the most fun that I have had geocaching was in Morrilton. Their caches are well thought out and creative with a great mix from the easy PnGs to the very difficult urban micros. I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

4wheeling-1
02-19-2008, 09:10 AM
:D :lol: Wow, you guys know how to make a few hillbilly's feel important. I am so glad ya'll had such a good time. That sure was a nasty day to be out caching, Ar Hick offered bologna sandwiches, I'd be willing to bet you would prefer CORN DOGS (ha ha). Thanks again for all the great logs (no copy and paste, yah hoo) and the words of kindness. It's cachers like you guys that make the hides worth while.

flannelman
02-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Dang!!!! I was just about ready to start my copy and paste logs too!! :x

HAHAHAHHA!!! I wouldn't do that. I'd have taken either bologna or corn dogs but we got Sonic while we were finding America's Favorite. It would have been hard to have cached much longer. We left QC's house at about 6:30 and cached till dark. Had to find the last few with the flashlight. On to the logging now!!!

Clark~Griswold
02-19-2008, 07:39 PM
My two best caching days in terms of numbers were in Morrilton. Of course, it wasn't as many as you found and the weather was nicer.