PDA

View Full Version : Delorme Where are you at?

B62GTAWK
01-31-2008, 05:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone out there is working on the Delorme. My plans are to let it happen along. However, if someone is out there working I thought it would be a good idea to open a thread where we can post our progress and cheer eachother own. I currently have 9 pages complete.
What do you think?

cachemates
01-31-2008, 07:22 PM
We have completed 32 pages and have a trip planned in Feb. to pick up some of the southeast counties. We learned about this cache from majii at the Morrilton Event. Wish we had known about it when we were in Northeast Ar. just missed a page or two.

Have never been to some of the southeast counties, looking forward to visit that part of the state.
Plan on doing rklmbl's cache in Monticello and ORR's cache in Lake Village.

majii
02-01-2008, 02:06 PM
I haven't quite decided whether or not to do the challenge, since I know where the final cache is hidden...

Cachemates, would you mind creating a public bookmark list of the caches you plan to use for the challenge? There are several others on the DeLorme cache page that you could model it after. Thanks.

B62GTAWK
02-01-2008, 04:12 PM
majii you need to do the challenge it is not about the final cache but the journey to get to it. I am planning a family road trip this weekend to get a few more pages. Looking at going North.

cachemates
02-01-2008, 09:27 PM
majii, You could go ahead and do the challenge and since you know where the final cache is hidden you could find this cache GCX5MQ for the final step of the challenge!! I do not think anyone would think you cheated at all. Besides you could get a FTF as a bonus. :lol:

jacksonb
02-01-2008, 10:58 PM
I have completed 26 of the 43 pages, including page 52 today. One of my goals this year is to complete the DeLorme Challenge.

arkansas_stickerdude
02-01-2008, 10:59 PM
I've got 25 counties.

B62GTAWK
02-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks for everyones replies and keep them coming way to go jacksonb.
Everything didn't turn out today as planned but I do have 10 pages complete.

majii
02-03-2008, 12:51 AM
majii, You could go ahead and do the challenge and since you know where the final cache is hidden you could find this cache GCX5MQ for the final step of the challenge!! I do not think anyone would think you cheated at all. Besides you could get a FTF as a bonus. :lol:

Actually, I have a group of people coming up from Texas in March to go after that cache. A couple of them are geocachers, and the rest are muggles. If I can work it out correctly, I'm planning/hoping to make it my 1500th find, assuming we're successful.

majii
03-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Well, we're going after the Blowing Cave Bonus Cache tomorrow, so wish us luck. One of the owners is going with us, and a couple of people who previously made attempts at the cache are coming as well, so we'll have quite a crew with those plus the 7 guys in my group. It should be fun.

cachemates
03-15-2008, 10:13 AM
majii,
This would be a good caching adventure to video. Hope you can get some pictures. Can't wait to hear about this trip.
Have Fun.

flannelman
03-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Quartzcachers and I have talked about doing this challenge but I'm not real sure what all is involved. Where do you get info about it??

OldRiverRunner
03-17-2008, 08:10 PM
The information is contained on the cache page: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=797fcf93-507d-4902-a89b-c3bedd88561b -- ORR

AR-HICK
03-17-2008, 10:43 PM
I would highly reccomend that you should start caching everywhere in the state. Leave no cache unfound if you can and you will be assured of completing it.

Seriously, it is a lot of fun and I will tell you more about it when we do Seven Hollows. Basically you need the Delorme Atlas and find a cache or hide a cache on each of the 43 Arkansas pages. Some of the pages don't have a lot of choices of caches and some have too many.

You can start a bookmark list of caches found one per page and Majii can reveiw them as you complete them. He was very helpful with me and I was so glad that he took the responsibility of such a difficult cache to own. I learned a lot while going to the far corners of this great state and I am sure that every cacher will see some things that they did not know or had forgot about Arkansas.

Mike
Arkansas Hick

majii
03-17-2008, 11:35 PM
majii,
This would be a good caching adventure to video. Hope you can get some pictures. Can't wait to hear about this trip.
Have Fun.

We actually did get a couple of videos on a digital camera in some of the more difficult spots. I'll have to see if he'll send me those video files. He also took some photos, and I'm hoping he'll post them on the cache page.

I'm actually still recovering from this trip. I've got quite a few scratches, bumps, bruises, and cuts I'm healing from, but I'd do it again. It was an amazing adventure, and we managed to get in and out with a group of 10 people in under 4 hours. And if mud = fun, I think I had the most fun.. :D

majii
03-17-2008, 11:36 PM
Quartzcachers and I have talked about doing this challenge but I'm not real sure what all is involved. Where do you get info about it??

If you have any questions about the DeLorme challenge, feel free to e-mail me, and I'll be happy to help however I can.

B62GTAWK
08-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Man where to start We cleared all the State Park caches south of Little Rock except Cossatot and completed all the pages South as we went what a week. I now have 33 Delorme pages complete and 29 state park caches. This was quite a vacation.

HikerRon
10-09-2008, 05:53 AM
i have only about 10 pages left on the challenge. but of course they are at the far corners of the state:) this adventure has been a lot of fun!

B62GTAWK
10-09-2008, 10:40 AM
I have finished all the pages just like finding the final. Way to go HikerRon on liking just 10 pages. 8)

BSA534
10-19-2008, 09:37 PM
OK, this is probably a stupid question. Where can I get an Arkansas Delorme atlas? I've looked at Wal-Mart and some big truck stops but all I find is Rand McNally.

Thanks in advance....

B62GTAWK
10-19-2008, 09:58 PM
I got mine at Wal-Mart but seems it was in a weird place not up front. Maybe Sporting Goods or Automotive.

BSA534
10-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Cool, I'll check. I only looked at the ones at the front last time.