PDA

View Full Version : SEARCY VS. CLARKSVILLE

searcykid
01-30-2008, 11:12 AM
It's official:

SEARCY 47 - CLARKSVILLE 46

Post by Sayitagain.

" January 27 by Sayitagain (814 found)
Find number 47 for the day surpassing my previous high of 46 set in Clarksville year before last. Thanks to all you wonderful Searcy cachers for such a fun day. Sayitagain"

The invitation to visit Cache Rich Searcy is extended to ALL.

topkitty98
01-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Sounds as though a teeny tiny itty bitty little ole challenge has been issued. Me thinks perhaps the two cities aforementioned need a LOT more caches to make it an even race!

HINT HINT HINT HINT

OldRiverRunner
02-02-2008, 10:38 AM
In the recent thread on Power Trails, B62GTAWK posted an email from our reviewer that stated "Quantity does not equal Quality". This applies to this situation. I have cached in both places. Clarksville (aka Cacheville) wins hands down. The diversity, challenge, and uniqueness of the hides there provide a geocacher's paradise. The numerous skirt lifters and fire hydrant hides in Searcy can't even come close! -- ORR

searcykid
02-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I was just teasing the Clarkville area geocachers and in no way was it supposed to be serious or a reflection on the Clarksville area cachers or caches. This little "Tease" was only about the numbers of one particular cacher. Obviously Clarksville is a great geocaching destination and I will be there in April to add a lot of finds to my statistics.

But Searcy also has a lot of great caches besides the skirt lifters and fire hydrant caches which you apparently don't like but others love.

Besides, Quality is too subjective to even discuss. Every geocacher has his or her own idea of what quality is. Chuck Walla has her idea, you have yours, and I have mine. Quality, like Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Team_Pink
02-03-2008, 05:23 PM
I have enjoyed caches in Clarksville and I have enjoyed the caches in Searcy. One of the things I enjoy most about Geocaching and it works well here in rice country is the toys to use in the game. My "ideal" geocaching day is when I have a laptop, a navigation system on the dash, a handheld with a waypoint database, and a couple of GPS receivers with full batteries. I like to have a route of caches laid out all over town and take the most efficient route possible to each one. If I can find 20 caches in 19 minutes, I'm in geocaching heaven!

I understand the quality argument but that's not how I play the game. If it takes me 30 minutes to find one cache, I'm not having fun, that's several caches that I could have found, or several places that I could have visited. Don't get me wrong, an occasional Hawk's Bill Crags are great and I am thankful for the opportunity to find these places, but those places are not where I live. Give me a power trail any day!

KD5JNL
02-05-2008, 01:07 AM
I understand the quality argument but that's not how I play the game. If it takes me 30 minutes to find one cache, I'm not having fun, that's several caches that I could have found, or several places that I could have visited. Don't get me wrong, an occasional Hawk's Bill Crags are great and I am thankful for the opportunity to find these places, but those places are not where I live. Give me a power trail any day!
Well said Mike.

4wheeling-1
02-05-2008, 01:19 PM
I've replied to every other post today, no need in leaving this out, I'll make you deal SAYITAGAIN, you come to Morrilton and I'll gather up 48 caches and have them in a bag in front of McDonalds ready for you to sign, now that'll be a record breaker, 48 caches in 9 minutes

Clark~Griswold
02-06-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm going to side with ORR and 4W1 on this (hopefully) friendly debate. I am MUCH more on the side of Quality over Quantity. I would rather spend 30 minutes looking for one creative hide then find 30 caches in 30 minutes. I prefer a cache that shows creativity and thought on the part of the owner.

I won't go out of my way to find a skirt lifter or fire hydrant cache, but if I'm there I will grab it, up to a point. After a while I get tired of getting in and out of the car just to sign my name. But, I realize everyone plays the game differently, which is the great thing about the game. I do like a quick Park and Grab while I'm traveling and only want to break up the drive without losing a lot of time.

I have spent many days caching in Clarksville and never failed to come away with a smile after many of the caches. Searcy and Morilton have there share of Quality caches also, but I've never cached in as good a town as Clarksville.

4wheeling-1
02-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love to go after a 4 or 5 difficulty, they are always a quality cache and I enjoy the challenge, but some days for me it's about the numbers and I will pass a more difficult cache and go after a red hat, I believe most cachers final answer would be about the same as mine, YOU HIDE IT AND I'LL FIND IT, RED HAT OR HICKS EVIL CACHE

B62GTAWK
02-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Amen. To Brother 4 wheelin 1

LuckyoneinAR
02-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Thank you for all the skirtlifter and fire hydrant caches. Some days they are the only way I can justify having a GPS!!

lacey38655
03-24-2008, 07:47 AM
We came to Searcy just for the numbers, and I want to say thanks to you guys we were able to grab a hundred caches before leaving the area. I prefer the quantity over quality. I will also go after any cache placed before me, EXCEPT for rock caches. I would rather stick my hand in a snake bed, darn sneaky crackers...

We had a great time, also gave us motivation to come back and vacation in Searcy, see you soon at the Burns Park Event.

flannelman
03-24-2008, 10:06 AM
I think this discussion just poves that if you hide it they will come. I like them all, skirtliftes to 5 mile hikes. I found a really nice cache Saturday moning that was in the middle of nowhere but it was literally a PNG. I enjoy a numbers run just as much as a good hike with a couple of ammo cans along the way. It is always fun when you are caching with friends!!

idratherbehiking
03-24-2008, 10:54 PM
I just thought I would throw this one out there. I went to Glenwood for the event Saturday and I found 55 caches that day and not a single fire hydrant or skirtlifter. Almost all of them were good quality hides. I may not like the fire hydrants or the skirtlifters but if you hide I will find it.

flannelman
03-24-2008, 11:27 PM
I know there ae some great caches down there. That goup really showcases what can be done with urban caches and woods caches. I have ran into some pretty lame urban micos but also some lame caches out in the woods. I still like to hunt them all. I saw a posting somewhere else where someone was complaining because some cachers were hiding too many caches. Apparently it didn't fit their mold. Anyway I always look forward to going caching and just tailor my trip to the kind of caching I want to do that day. Good caching to all!! :D

4wheeling-1
05-02-2008, 09:33 AM
I haven't been doing a lot of caching due to work and cold weather so I wanted to go somewhere that had an abundance of caches of every kind, especially png's where I could get some numbers. I had a blast caching here and I just to thank EVERYONE for placing all these caches. There are still a lot left that I need to find and I hope to be back soon. Thanks again folks.