PDA

View Full Version : cave cache??

Q
11-08-2007, 09:06 PM
I remember some time ago seeing on the weekly notice of new hides a cache in a cave. I think it was in the Cave City/Batesville area. It was 'sposed to be "an adventure to find." Can't find the listing now. Ring any bells. Anyone know what I am talking about? How could I search for the listing?

Woodwalker9
11-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Q, this is the only one that I remember. It is suppose to be quite an adventure, too much for an old guy like myself to even consider. But if I was a little younger.....

Blowing Cave Bonus Cache by arkansas angler & dustin_micah82305 (GCX5MQ)

Q
11-09-2007, 06:15 AM
Thanks, WoodyP. That wuz it.

MAN! No finds yet and some real cavers have tried. My son wants to do some spelunking but I thinks this bees over our head... cave over our head.... get it???,,, ok, I quit. :roll:

Gaddiel
11-09-2007, 09:19 AM
There is a virtual called "Land of the Lost (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a2f15f67-3c09-4fb9-8ba9-42ecfaf058c5)" that I've been wanting to visit. Someone told me that there is a cave with a waterfall inside of it. It's not really close to Batesville, though...

Wayne

oenavigator
11-09-2007, 04:44 PM
:D

Q
11-10-2007, 05:18 AM
The small cave at Eden Falls, aka Cobb cave/Lost valley, is easy enough. A little splashing thru the lower passage and I only had to bend over. The upper is a tad smaller but not crawling by any stretch. Little guys can walk right by either. The room in the back is very neat with water coming out of the middle of the ceiling and falling 20 feet or so?? Lotsa light normally talks little ones into it.

I have not been there since caching but it has been on our list since the late 80s. Neat place. And Cobb cave is SOOO huge. Another cave I know of over there may be a good double header. Hafta find out about hibernaters.

oenavigator
11-10-2007, 10:16 AM

5beavers
11-10-2007, 07:04 PM
I want to go and hike" glory hole". I dont think its actually a cave but the pictures on the web page are really pretty. :oops:

OldRiverRunner
11-11-2007, 05:45 PM
The cave at the end of Lost Valley has two passages to the room at the back. One does require crawling on your hands and knees. The other, located to the right side, is actually a tight passage that you can walk through. When it appears to come to an end, you have to step down, squat slightly and shift over some and the passage resumes again above you. Then it's a very short (tight) walk to the falls room. Definitely take a good flashlight. In fact, take two! Not that far back, but it is still very, very dark! Turn off your flashlight when you're back in the falls room and see what I mean! As far as the virtual of Lost Valley, when I "found" it, I didn't have to go into the cave (although I did). I only had to post a photo of myself or my group at one of the many trail signs in the area. I'm not sure what the current requirements are.

Regarding Glory Hole, definitely a "Must Do"! The cache is so-so, but the Glory Hole is fantastic! Not a cave, but just an overhang in the bluffs where the stream has cut a hole in the ceiling, forming the "Glory Hole". Another beautiful area! I would wait until February or March for that one, though, after we've had the winter wet weather. -- ORR

grzz51
12-19-2007, 06:26 AM
The Lost Valley Cache sounds interesting, Could someone tell me where it is or give the the waypoint on it.
Grzz51

Geezer_Veazey
12-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Sorry, I can't help you. Tried to find it once but was unsuccessful. It must be reeeeeely lost bad.

oenavigator
12-19-2007, 01:34 PM

grzz51
12-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks guys for the info. I remember seeing signs for Lost Valley when my son(who's now 30) and I used to float the Buffalo River back in the late '80s. As soon as Mz Grzz hears about this cache I'm sure we'll be headed to Ponca.
Grzz51