PDA

View Full Version : Want to change your geocaching name?

ChuckWalla
09-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Geocachers were once allowed to change their official geocaching names, if they decided they did not like the original choice. Then they were not. Looks like the ability to do it has been restored. See the following link, posted Aug 22nd:

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index. ... &p=3032392 (http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?s=&showtopic=8749&view=findpost&p=3032392)

Team_Pink
09-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Those guys are good!

We are now officially "Team Pink". We got in trouble with our little one because she felt left out.

The change is very complete. I was automatically logged on as I always have been, only everything says "Team Pink". Even the logs on the caches we have found now say "Team Pink"!

Any chance ArkGeo will let us change names?

chibongo
09-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Those guys are good!

We are now officially "Team Pink". We got in trouble with our little one because she felt left out.

The change is very complete. I was automatically logged on as I always have been, only everything says "Team Pink". Even the logs on the caches we have found now say "Team Pink"!

Any chance ArkGeo will let us change names?

You used to be...? :)

Team_Pink
09-12-2007, 01:46 PM
When I wrote that I was still tech_guy and the missus. Gaddiel was nice enough to change our name here on ArkGeo too!

Team_Pink
09-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Just a quick note or two on the name change in case someone else is considering the jump.

It's pretty painless. The owner name on caches you've hidden does not change. Logs are changed immediately. GSAK seems to adjust as pocket queries come in. You can change it immediately by putting your owner ID in the GSAK options. (you have to use notepad to look inside a GPX file to find that from the best I can find).

The Groundspeak forums are separate and the name change will not affect that area. Not that it matters in that hostile jungle!

If I find any more tidbits, maybe we could get this posted as a FYI under name change consequences?

On ArkGeo, you have to delete your ArkGeo cookie or you'll end up logged on under your old name with "No information on this account" messages.

Mickey McGillicutty
06-14-2011, 12:44 PM
I know this thread over 3 years old, but I want to change my name to MixMasterMayhemMickeyMcGillicutty, but sign all my logs M-5, LOL!

ronwhite
06-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I was a think'n - Tater Salad, Too

topkitty98
06-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Hahahahaha ya'll crack me up!!

Razz007
06-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Yeah. I would like to change my name too. Any chance on getting this feature incorporated on the site in the near future?

kcackler
06-16-2011, 09:37 PM
You can change your username for geocaching.com at http://www.geocaching.com/account/editprofile.aspx

If you want to change your username for arkgeocaching.org, just send me a message and I'll be happy to take care of it for you. If this is a widely-desired feature, I will add it to the website.