PDA

View Full Version : New to this!

drgnfly_d
08-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Hi! I'm new to this. In fact, I just ordered my first GPS last night, Garmin Legend HCx, 2nd day air of course...I have no idea what I'm doing but I hike and camp a lot with my boys and thought geocaching sounded like hiking with a purpose...hhmmm where have I heard that before? A game with a purpose. It's my life.

-Drgnfly_D

searcykid
08-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Welcome to Geocaching drgnfly_d . I'm sure you and your family will really enjoy it.
All of the people that I have met that are geocachers have been the nicest people one could ever meet. Many friendships are formed through this hobby. It is a very family friendly hobby and children like it as much as adults.
Geocaching Greet and Meet events are great places to meet the people that you normally only meet online. I recommend that you attend some of these so we can meet you.

flannelman
08-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the forum!! I cache a lot with my kids and they love it. They say they are treasure hunting. They really enjoy going through the caches to find stuff to trade. Having a cache alont the trail gives them an excuse to want to go on the longer hikes with me.

cya on the trails

jclaudii
08-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Welcome to the Website and to geocaching. My wife and I love it. Hope to see meet you someday out on the trail.

Jason