PDA

View Full Version : Sw Area cachers

oenavigator
06-28-2007, 12:11 AM
:D

flannelman
06-28-2007, 08:37 AM
If you host it they will come. I have been amazed by the cacher's willingness to travel long distances at odd hours just to get togather with other cachers. I'm pretty sure you will get a good turnout no matter where you host the event.

I'm looking forward to it.

oenavigator
06-28-2007, 10:57 AM

flannelman
06-28-2007, 06:16 PM
An event cache is just what you are wanting to put togather. That is what it is called at Geocaching.com. When you post your meet and greet with them that is what it will be classified as. Also you need to post it at least 2 weeks ahead of time. I found out the hard way about that one.

My first event cache is Saturday. It isn't really much of an event since there are no activites. It's really just a meet and greet. I wanted to have an event for the people who are interested in my monthly caching expeditions so they could log their participation in the expedition. Having a meet and greet allows everyone to get a smilie and keeps me within the rules for event caches.

I think there are others out there who are much more qualified to help you out with event planning. There have been some great events hosted just this year and the people that put them on did a stellar job. I'll be more than happy to help you any way I can but don't be bashful about quizzing some of the more vereran cachers about their events too. I think you would get some great info for your event.

searcykid
06-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I have never put on an event but just for my two cents worth you probably should post your idea in the Geocaching Adventure section so more people will see the post. I don[t usually scroll down to these different sections and I just by chance saw your post.
I live in Searcy and it would be a long drive for me but I am interented.
I am not getting to go to the Greet and Meet here in Searcy this week because I have to be in Indiana for a family reunion.
Just my 2 cents.

oenavigator
06-28-2007, 07:35 PM