PDA

View Full Version : I DID IT!!

oenavigator
06-20-2007, 01:29 AM
:D

Q
06-20-2007, 04:57 AM
Good for you! Way to go!

I got cans and stuffings last spring. Hit snarls with non responsive land owners and lost "the fire." We need more in the Clinton area.

oenavigator
06-20-2007, 01:15 PM

oenavigator
06-22-2007, 10:13 AM

topkitty98
06-22-2007, 09:29 PM
It's very impressive! I absolutely rolled when I got to the pictures!

Congratulations, excellent job. We'll definitely head that way (eventually!)

>^..^<

cfd29
07-15-2007, 08:12 AM
As far as putting a cache on private property, we have a lot around here in Clarksville, but most of them like most of mine are on the cachers own property, but once explained to the property owner, that cachers are very respectfull and what the game is about, I have not been turned down on placing a cache, if the cache is within site of the property owner, most get a kick out of watching us hunt !!! :oops:

oenavigator
07-15-2007, 11:43 AM

Woodwalker9
07-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Geocacher University has some great downloads including a great tri-fold brochure that I usually take with me when approaching a land owner. It's in pdf format and there is an area where you can add your personal contact information. Check it out at: http://www.geocacher-u.com/resources/brochure.html

Hope that helps.

nonnipoppy
07-17-2007, 07:46 AM
I haven't dealt with private landowners yet :? Maybe some of the more seasoned cachers could pass along some hints? I noticed that in Clarksville they have a lot of caches on private property. Hint, hint. C'mon central Arkansas,spread some of that caching kung fu our way :wink:

A lot of our caches are on city or county owned public lands. I have known the Parks Director for many years, he is very active in the scouting organization in this area. We first approached him and explained Geocaching as an outdoor activity that scouts could enjoy. He immediately agreed.

Having had success with those caches we began to expand our list of locations.

The current mayor gave permission to place caches on undeveloped city property. We also got permissions from the manager of Clarksville Light and Water and the fellow that manages the sewer plant, that was soon followed by the Superintendent of Schools and the County Judge.

In addition we have a letter of permission fron the US Army Corps Of Engineers for cache placments in Horsehead park.

Other caches are on private property with permission because we knew the landowner and ask for permission or we manage the property for the owner. That is a bit easier because we are in a small town and have easy access to those people.

Our strategy has been fairly simple, find a good spot for a cache and determine who owns it and then ask for permission. We have only been turned down on one ocassion.

Good Luck....poppy

Geezer_Veazey
07-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Our strategy has been fairly simple, find a good spot for a cache and determine who owns it and then ask for permission. We have only been turned down on one ocassion.
Poppy, you are a good role model.

Geezer