PDA

View Full Version : Flannelman's June Expedition

flannelman
05-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Come one, come all to Flannelman's June Expedition!!!

We are going to Searcy this month. I'm looking at one of two Saturdays, June 23 or 30. Just after the first day of summer.

We will meet at Ryan's for breakfast at 7:30 and have a meet and greet event. Then all who are interested are invited to cache as a group through Searcy. We had a great time last month on Russellville. The caches were challenging and very interesting. I'm sure the Searcy caches will be as well.

I'll get some more info out there soon.

SJClimber
05-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Well, bummer. Heading to Colorado the 20th. Back in October to catch you then. Have fun in WW9 conutry!

idratherbehiking
05-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm not sure if I will be able to make it this time or not. My anniversary is the 24th so that will probably mean I will be out of town that weekend and have to work the next weekend. I will see what I can work out because I have been wanting to go caching in Searcy for quite some time now.

flannelman
05-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Well we could go the Saturday before Father's day. I just want to be able to get the event posted this time so I'll need 2 weeks advance notice to post it.

Let me know what ya think.

Woodwalker9
05-31-2007, 07:31 PM
Wow flannelman! Searcy is really honored and happy that your June expedition will be held here. I think we have some really good caches and the local cachers have committed to placing a few more before the day of your event. If there is anything that we can do on this end to add to the success of this event please don't hesitate to let me know and a HUGE Searcy welcome to everyone

cachemates
05-31-2007, 08:35 PM
We will be looking forward to the Searcy edition of Flannelman's Hiking Expedition. There are a lot of caches in Searcy we have not found. You have picked another great hot spot for some really good caches.

flannelman
06-01-2007, 07:35 PM
OK I'm gonna post a meet and greet event on GC.com for the 30th, the last Saturday in June. We will meet at Ryan's for breakfast at 7:30 and hang out for about an hour to talk then head out to cache.

Last time we carpooled while caching to save on gas so ya might want to keep that in mind. Also expect to stop for lunch somewhere. We will decide where when we meet.

I hope to see you all there. If you haven't made it out to one of these expeditions you are really missing out on a good time!!

Woodwalker9
06-01-2007, 10:00 PM
If you haven't made it out to one of these expeditions you are really missing out on a good time!!

Will, you are so right. Last month we had a great time hunting some of the fantastic Russellville/Dardanelle caches. I hope everyone has as much fun in Searcy on the 30th. See you there.

KD5JNL
06-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I hope everyone has a good time while in Searcy. I'm going to be working that day but I'll try and get a few new caches out for everyone to find. Be sure and bring tick spray, they seem to be bad this year. Happy caching to all!

flannelman
06-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Well I got the event posted!! You can look it up at GC13B3G. I've got some coins and bugs to drop in there for everyone to log if they want to.

searcykid
06-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Im sorry to say I cannot make it to this event. I really was looking forward to it but I found out our family reunion is going to be held that day in Indianapolis, IN.
I also intended to try to begin hiding caches for this event but I have been busy the last few weeks with a critical ill brother and he passed away on May 26th and that has fouled up any enjoyable time geocaching.
Will try to get back geocaching after the first of July

cachecrazies
06-05-2007, 09:46 PM
We are so sorry and send our reguards to your family searcykid. It is so hard to lose a loved one.

We were hoping to see you again but we shall meet again at another time.

Woodwalker9
06-06-2007, 06:33 AM
Searcykid, I want to add my condolences to you and your family. My prayers are with you all.

Gaddiel
06-06-2007, 08:02 AM
That goes for us, too, searcykid. Our prayers are with your family.

Flannelman, how long do you expect the event to last?

frojiles
06-06-2007, 09:44 PM
well searcykid sorry to hear about ur loss. i wish i could be there but io haveto work. we r working on getting several new caches out in the area so ya'll will have alot of caches to pick up while visiting our beautiful area.

06-06-2007, 10:10 PM
My wife and I have you in our thoughts and prayers searcykid. The loss of a loved one can be devastating and we pray that the Lord will give you and your family peace. Cya on the trail.

flannelman
06-07-2007, 03:13 PM
That goes for us, too, searcykid. Our prayers are with your family.

Flannelman, how long do you expect the event to last?

The actual event won't last too long. It depends on how long everyone wants to visit and share coins and bugs. The cache expedition that will follow will most likely last late into the day. It is a come and go as you please kind of thing so you can go when you are ready. What we have done on past expeditions is to search for caches till everyone decides they have had enough. Last month at Russellville, Woodwalker, AR-HICK and I cached till almost 8pm. Cachemates left about 4. It's really up to you. There are no real goals for the day other than to have as much fun as possible while caching with friends.

Hope this helps.

flannelman
06-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Im sorry to say I cannot make it to this event. I really was looking forward to it but I found out our family reunion is going to be held that day in Indianapolis, IN.
I also intended to try to begin hiding caches for this event but I have been busy the last few weeks with a critical ill brother and he passed away on May 26th and that has fouled up any enjoyable time geocaching.
Will try to get back geocaching after the first of July

Don't feel pressured to hide anything unless you really want to. I know what it is like to lose someone close to me. I lost my Dad 3 years ago this August and had a difficult time dealing with it. Please accept mu condolences for your loss. May God give you strength and hope at this dark time.

JAYdotTEEdot
06-23-2007, 01:47 PM
This could be a good first time for me. I'll see how my work schedule ends up.

flannelman
06-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I posted some notes on the cache page about the event so you might want to check it out. I'm looking forward to it!!!

Gaddiel
06-26-2007, 08:08 PM
As bad as I want to come, it's probably going to be too hard for us to get there for the event. You guys take lots of pictures for us, ok?

Wayne

Woodwalker9
07-01-2007, 02:50 PM
If you missed this event, you missed a GREAT time. Will(flannelman) did an outstanding job getting this one organized and I appreciate his efforts and appreciate him choosing Searcy as the site for his June expedition. The newer Searcy cachers(KD5JNL, frojiles, searcykid, geojeepers, and skippypeanutbutter) went way above and beyond in placing several new caches that helped make for a fantastic day of geocaching afterwards and they should be applauded for a job well done. I hope everyone had as much fun as myself and I look forward to the next flannelman adventure.

AR-HICK
07-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Good food and Good cachers, What more could you ask for :D . Thanks for everyone who put out new caches and worked on the event, your work is very appreciated.

AR-HICK

jacksonb
07-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks to Flannelman for hosting a great event to kick off an awesome day of geocaching. Thanks to all of the Searcy area geocachers who placed so many caches for us to find. I spent a day in Searcy back in November, got 30 finds and didn't have many unfound caches left in town. Seven months later, there were a ton of caches on my list. Thanks again guys.

Yesterday was a very successful day as I set a personal best one-day total of 39 finds and I went over 600 total finds. I don't know what else to say besides I LOVE GEOCACHING!

flannelman
07-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Well I checked the log and there were 50 people that were signed in including myself. I think there were actually more than that because I'm pretty sure there were some kids that didn't get on the log.

I am overwhlemed by the turnout for this event!! I never expected so many to show for an event that had no planned activites other than eating breakfast and talking about geocaching. I want to thank each of you for coming out to the event. Your participation is what really made the event happen, not my planning.

Special thanks goes to Woodwalker9 and GeoJeepers for bringing door prizes and helping with some of the logistical obsticals. And a special thanks to all the Searcy area cachers for placing so many new caches for everyone to find.

I had a great time caching on the bike trail. I pedaled a lot for the caches I found and had the trail to myself most of the time. When I did bump into other cachers they all had great things to say about the event. I managed to find 29 caches before burning out around 4pm, 4 short of 300 finds!! I just had to leave though. After having a great chat with the guy at the old village and finding the cache there I had planned to go for the 300 mark but just couldn't knowing I had a 2hr drive back home.

Thanks again and I hope to see you all at the next event!!

KD5JNL
07-04-2007, 09:10 PM
sorry I didn't make the event. This is the busy time of the year for my work and I just couldn't get away. Thanks to Flannelman for picking Searcy for your June event and thanks for everyone who showed up to find our caches. I had 24 hits the first day and about the same the next day. With woodwalker's guidance we are trying hard to make this a great little geocache area. We've got a ways to go but we plan on keep fresh caches out as much as possible. Maybe I'll make the next event.
As woodwalker would say," Above all, be safe, have fun, and happy caching."