PDA

View Full Version : Series Caches

topkitty98
04-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Okay, new topic here . . . have you noticed any (unofficial) series caches that aren't really series but might as well be?

For instance, many, many WalMart stores have a cache, however simple or however fun, such as Clarksville's Predator or Prey?

Seems that Cracker Barrel stores across America often have caches. (Not North Little Rock's hint, hint)

Now in Clarksville, there is an old ice house cache - also one in Benton.

Any more series you have seen?
Any you'd like to see?
Any Wally World's that stood out in your mind?

topkitty98
>^..^<

Spice
04-27-2007, 12:34 PM
I believe I have seen some cache listings for caches that are hidden at High Points. I can't remember where I ran across it but I seem to recall seeing a listing on a web site somewhere that listed just the high point caches.

I have also seen some caches at Target stores. There is one "tegrat" in Fayetteville tha has a nice twist and we saw a listing for one while in MS called Bullseye.

paris1time

flannelman
04-27-2007, 05:32 PM
I have the first two of the "In the cedar tree" series that I have hidden. I plan on doing more in the cedar tree caches soon. All these caches will have something to do with or be in a cedar tree.

There are so many cedar trees in my area it makes it a little more challenging since you don't know which of 20-200 cedar trees in the group the cache will be in.

nonnipoppy
04-27-2007, 07:08 PM
The Cracker Barrel series is called "Off Your Rocker".

Some Texas series that I can remember:

OHWS - One hit Wonder Series
EMDS - Eat My Dust Series
Ashes To Ashes series
Wolf Run
Homie goes to........
Mosaic #
Lift A Skirt
Visit a Park
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Bridge Series

I believe that every cache hidden by SandBassKing and Queen is named after a song. That is kind of a series.

In Arkansas we have:

The Game of World Domination
Geo Olympics
FlatRock GeoPark
And there is a beginning new series in some small town I think north of Searcy but I can't remember the name.

And the ultimate series of caches is the ODS series. .....poppy

idratherbehiking
04-28-2007, 04:01 AM
OK Top Kitty you asked for it. You Got It. I drive right past the Cracker Barrel in North Little Rock every day going to work. So I stopped after work(3AM) and hid one for you. It should be approved sometime today.

OldRiverRunner
05-03-2007, 02:50 AM
There's a series in TN called LTL. I can't remember what the letters stand for, but basically, there's a geocache hidden at every rural exit along I-40 from Memphis to Knoxville. -- ORR

SJClimber
05-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Tulsa - Lunchtime cache series.
Stillwater - End of the Road series
Tulsa - OTRA (On the Road Again) series
The group Poppi may be speaking of in north AR is around Williford. 34 micros - "Will I Find #" series

cachecrazies
05-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Hairy Hillbilly in MO. had his BBQ series - Backroad Bridge Quest. We loved hunting for these as they were always great views.

We have the start of a small series - The River View, mostly so far along the White River

cachemates
05-04-2007, 07:14 PM
woodwalker9 has a series of cemetery caches in White County. I think it is Eagle95 that has a series of cemetery caches for Cleburne County,and Pilotsmom has cemetery caches in Lonoke County. As to the best Walmart skirt cache, for us it would be the one in Clarksville.

topkitty98
05-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Woodwalker also has Around Town series, I've got Born Twice and JJR (Jacksonville Just Right).

I wish we had a list of national stuff that we could help put Arkansas on the map. Like the Cracker Barrel series. Maybe we should think some up?
You know, the kind that when you're traveling, you know there will be one at _________________ if you wanna get off the freeway.

I'd Rather Be Hiking -- That's what I'm talking 'bout! He took the hint and hid me one at NLR Cracker Barrel! And he's not even from NLR! I love it! Thanks IRBH! I about chomped the bits clean through before I made it over there yesterday.

Now, isn't there a Cracker Barrel in Hot Springs?
>^oo^<

Woodwalker9
05-14-2007, 10:26 AM
TK, KD5JNL and frojiles have teamed up to placed a series of caches along a 2.4-mile hiking trail in the Big Creek Natural Area just north of Pangburn. These are the T.C.(Tribal Caches) series and this is a fantastic area. These are all well documented and in great locations that provide wonderful photographic opportunities. This area is a real gem and this is a must do series for anyone who loves Native American history or hiking along nature trails.

cupstack
05-15-2007, 06:30 AM
I am currently working on a series for parks & recreation to showcase each of the many neighborhood parks in North Little Rock. Hoping to have this ready by July (National Parks & Recreation Month).

topkitty98
05-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Oh, cupstack, that's awesome! Basicly right in the neighborhood and up when I am off work - both jobs! You Da Man!